Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Hey ya'll,
I'm working on a project that is a buried outlaw loot about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. I have narrowed the location within an half a mile.
Are there way to accurately pinpoint it without scanning the whole area with my metal detector?
Thanks!

No, no mechanical means to do that. And I see from one of your other posts on T'net that you might be thinking there's some magic wand "long range locator" that can do it. Don't fall for that hocus pocus snake oil.

The only means I can think of to narrow down potential spots, is visual clues. You know: Human nature tends to want a land-mark to bury something next to (go figure, they were going to come back for it later afterall). So persons tend to bury something next to a fixed object (tree, rock outcropping, fence post, etc...).

But in general, I give little credence to "buried outlaw loot" stories. Not sure where you got this particular lead from, but the vast majority of these stories are nothing but fanciful legend and lore. Nothing but camp-fire-stories gone awry.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you luck!
Larger coil area, like a 2 box covers more ground. Ground penetrating radar?
The best tool you have sits on your shoulders. Try to narrow the location down further, or section it and search the entire area. Pay close attention to little obscure bits of info they may be the clue you need. You need to gather every bit of info you can about it.
I haven't had any luck with divining rods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread