Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remove batteries, disconnect coil cable and anything else from the control head. Remove the control head from the shaft. Find a large coffee can with a lid and fill it halfway with dry rice. Put the control head in the can and seal it. Leave it in there for 24 to 48 hours. That should draw the moisture out of the control head. After that, open the control head and inspect the boards for water damage. If you see water damage or corrosion on the boards, it can be cleaned off with denatured alcohol and a toothbrush.

Good luck, I hope your shark will be okay.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I've done with drowned electronics, is to first remove the battery(ies) and anything else easily removable, then rinse everything with distilled water to remove any salt residue. Then I dry them best as I can with a towel and hair dryer set on low heat. Then I put them into a sealed bag of uncooked rice overnight to absorb the rest of the moisture. You can also use some desiccant bags if you have some. Once it's dry, reinstall the batteries and fire it up with your fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread