Helpful and generous people!

Adessovt

Mar 21, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
buying a garret at pro from a nice guy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this post belongs here but here goes... I am new to this forum and to metal detecting so I was really surprised when I ran across Persus who has gone out of his way to welcome me to the hobby. I found Persus in the classifieds selling his used ATpro, which I bought, and since then he has sent me numerous links to items and information that he said he wished someone had turned him onto when starting out. Persus has also done some leg work checking with Garrett to see if the warranty transfers as well as hooking me up with some ear cushions. Maybe that is the norm here on treasure net and if so I seemed to have stumbled on the right place. Thank you Michael for your kindness and generosity, I know I will pay it forward somehow. I also wanted to mention that Beau Ouimette has been super kind and responsive to my questions and his videos have been immeasurably useful in stoking the fire to dig up some rusty metal.

I hope that this run of luck continues and I meet more of you in the future.

Dig on!

Shane

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you've had such a positive experience. People are genuinely glad to help you here. Glad you are with us. Just remember when you get experienced to help out those who are not yet. And if the videos from Beau doesn't get your heart racing nothing will.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
By simply acknowledging the kindness and generosity you've received is kind and generous.
Well done Persus. Well done Beau.
Peace ✌

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet Shane! I'm pretty new to the site as well, but have already found that the overwhelming majority of these guys (& girls) are very cool & extremely helpful. BTW, just got my AT Pro a few weeks ago...it's GREAT! Happy hunting! :occasion14:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet Shane. Keep the coil flat to the ground and sweep low and slow. Be careful not to raise the coil at the end of the swing -- flat to the ground at all times, and dig everything until you learn your machine.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:occasion14:...welcome and remember in metal detecting you need more ice in the cooler,you never know how long you need to keep the beer cold.also your at pro is about to become your new best friend...its a good listener.once you really learn its language its a good conversationalist too.

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its hard to believe that Beau Ouimette has time to respond to anyone. good to hear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread