• relic 11.jpg
    relic 11.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice collection....But I have to be honest ....outside of the obvious Indian tools and weapons...like axes,arrowheads,points, I have a really hard time determining if what I have found is a true relic or if I am imagining it so.....I hunt in a highly populated Indian area,where migrating Indians camped and traveled following the river. So I do find alot of legitimate relics.....my problem comes in because I imagine every round stone to be used for something...and if it fits nicely in my hand ...whoa baby ...I have another Indian relic ....and if its triangular at all...then I imagine it was the start of a arrowhead or a dang-it........hence I have a house full of rocks that are probally washed river stone.....I have tons of books on native American items and when I look at a paleo Indian grinding stone....well heck....I have fifty......see the problem here ....and now my daughters are as bad as I am.....I cant wash a pair of jeans or jacket without emptying the pockets of rocks first ....and I know every rock I find cant be a Indian relic......Help ....I need AAA for relicoholics bad....any hints on whether its legit or not????????

OP
OP
wirelessworldinc

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
Thank you, We find things which we take home and muddy up the whole sink and then have to be careful nothing has fallen down the garbage disposal. I find a lot of questionable things which I hang on to just because maybe. The area we hunt belongs to my boyfriends family and there is a known site there. 6 years ago a group came out and roped off the area and did a dig and found it to be a true site. I find alot of bones, fingers etc... and I always leave them in the ground. We always just pick up what is on the ground after his family plows the fields. This best find so far is a museum grade obsidium point, it is so small and fragile I was afraid to move it out of the cabinet to take a closer shot of it.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I agree on leaving bones in the ground....I stumbled on a Indian Burial ground in the far Northwoods and leave everything there alone.
I hunted extensively around Berrien County MI and found lots of Indian beads (my favorites) along the St Joseph river....Now I hunt in Northern Wisconsin and find the tools,arrowheads etc ......I find alot of small arrowheads along the river and creeks .....must have been for fish or birds...I also hunted Madison County AR and found mostly spear points and very nice flint arrowheads.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome collection.

HH :)