hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pictures, sorry. Not finding anything right now, as everything is still "in ice." BUT, finding coin sites. Out hiking in sub-zero weather and loving it. I use the winter to look for coin sites to dig when things thaw out. Good success so far. About 10 new sites within 40 kms of home. And several more further out, near my Mom-in-laws. And a bunch of other sites that I have half-way dug out, but still some coins/artifacts in them. If I can figure out my new notebook, and how to "catch" a photo from my camera, I will try to post some pics. Lots of holed coins, and maybe - hopefully - a few silver.

Upvote 0

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
header(revised).jpg

Hello him,

Please get that photo business figured out, will'ya. I'd love to see some of your finds...

kamsahamnida.jpg

2mtech

Feb 16, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm envious...my year in Pyeongtaek/Osan Air Base was among the best of my career. How I wish I would've been involved in this hobby then!

OP
OP
hikeinmts

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I know Osan AFB quite well. My daughter married an AF type from there. And I have taken several guys from the base out THing. Good to hear from you. Where are you now? Any chance of getting back here? If so, give me a buzz. I'd be happy to take you up into the hills here.

OP
OP
hikeinmts

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AnYeongHaSeYo......and hi to you, too. Are you Korean? Or, have you been to Korea? I was here, first time, 1974. Loved the place. Came back as often as the Army would let me. Retired, and moved here. Been here since 1999 this time. Began THiing in 1977, second time here. Found a few nice items, but really began adding the older pre1900 stuff in 1981, when a Korean showed me where to hunt. If you are in Korea, or if you get to Korea, let me know. We can take some trips together. I will begin digging about the first of April, if the weather gets warmer. And, until then, will continue hiking and i.d.ing future sites. (I am hiking in/around two large towns now.......their names are GoldKing (GeumHwang), and Castle of Eum City (EumSeung). Quite a few places there, and I have already found a bunch several years ago. Going back over the area with better maps. Have a great year finding coins/artifacts.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck and looking forward to your posts. Snow on the ground in Tennessee this morning. HH, Quindy.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your hunts, the place has vast and interesting history, great finds are just waiting for you

tinpan

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as the ground thaws, you'll have lots of cool things to unearth. Can't wait for the updates!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread