Primary Interest:
Other
472321.jpg

Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
since this keeps popping up, can i ask a serious question? what have we learned from this? the only thing i learned is that people are getting his coins mixed with others (clad and silver). i think we knew that would happen before marking.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Priest, a Felon, and a Penquin walk into a bar..

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
since this keeps popping up, can i ask a serious question? what have we learned from this? the only thing i learned is that people are getting his coins mixed with others (clad and silver). i think we knew that would happen before marking.

Seriously, I think this gotta stop or it gets too old. A joke said twice is not a joke anymore.
On the other hand Tim, we all want to see those pinky halves in the wild. Hope to see some sneaking over the border :laughing7:.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, I do not support the posh pink idea... You know I fully support the solid color paints(yellow, orange, red, green), etc... but not glitter.
I am just saying that the glitter might be pushing it too far, the coin machines are not meant to take coins with glitter crap on it, let alone spray paint. Somebody high up will notice and shut it down for all of us. You don't want that do you?

HH
Buff

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bald and glasses, a close second choice though! LOL! :laughing7:
also to add, coin machines reject the most minor fault in a coin, a dent, a bent coin, ANYTHING that the machine can't tell apart gets rejected, posh pink might just add that extra layer so that the machine rejects all posh pink halves if you know what I mean, the bank may not take them either being defaced, you never know.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I really meant my question as serious. Have welearned anything from it? I've seen 2 people post that they thought they found the coins, but it turned out that they weren't them. What has been learned about where the coins went? If we aren't learning anything, I don't see the point of this experiment.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with Buffalo Boy, glitter has the possibility of messing up coin counters, nothing wrong with just spray painting them normal pink though :tongue3:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am not spraying any coins glitter Sorry i tryed can't find it. I can tell you the way marked coins move around is unreal. And what you get back is unreal. Happy hunting every one!!! You guys are the best. I like the way we stand up for each other when the dirt diggers get lost and start crap here.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a tribute to the bald and sunglasses guy. You're a winner!

Now I got it. I thought it was some nonsensical option for the neutral people, like me. I do think glitter can cause problems, and regular paint should be used if you want to mark intensively.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread