Here we go!!! Gold $1582.50 Now $1605.00

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Here we go!!! Gold $1582.50

;D Looks like it Might be time to sell a few Items So I can Buy red A detector!!!! ;D I just wounder if I buy her one Will I ever get to use it!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: HH Chug

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil

russau said:
now if i can just find where i put my gold at????

I'm storing mine in the dirt at the creek!

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumleft: I Think its time to re-open king Solomon's lost placer mine ;D :laughing7:

Attachments

• headenhome.jpg
    headenhome.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 426

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hmmm said:
:icon_thumleft: I Think its time to re-open king Solomon's lost placer mine ;D :laughing7:
Hmmm, DON'T pull that DISCRIMMINATION trigger!!! OUCH! TTC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i dont get excited about the price of nobal metals cause its all relevant! gold increasing in value equates to the ecconomy going into the toilet and the price of EVERYTHING is raising right along with it! so, what do we acctually gain? but it sure looks nice untill i have to buy grocieries or pay bills!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An interesting thought Russau, back in the 1850's, a $20 gold piece could buy one of the best suits on the rack. It still can today. You cannot say the same for a $20 greenback! I just bought a Rokon (2x2) cycle from my neighbor for one once of gold (when it was about 1500). He preffered gold coin. KERCHING! Now gold is over 1600. We are both happy. TTC

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Indian Wedding season, ain't even here yet! :-*
Just think of the possibilities! :laughing7:

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
i was reading on kitco that the next big mark is going to be 1615, and when we hit that the bulls will push it to 1800..... they are all like meterologist there are no facts just predictions

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
I went to a prospecting show this spring and found that many of the vendors there had items priced in dollars and in coin silver face (like a metal detector for $35 face in coin silver). Sign of the times I guess

I agree with Russau - I deal in scrap for a living and am doing pretty well right now with the metals market where it is. We do feel the pinch a bit on the other side though, what with food and energy prices up as they are

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Terry C, Back in the 60's a tractor hand in ______ Louisiana, found a $20.00 gold coin while checking the plows behind the tractor. His boss, who was also the land owner let him keep the coin. The next rainout, the man drove to Monroe, La. and bought the first and only suit he ever owned with that gold coin. At that time, the suit would probably have been about $100.00.

Traveller

Sep 22, 2010
Bit of a tumble to $1587 couple of hours ago and a very sharp drop at that. Can it be that Obama and Congress have reached an agreement?

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Yup their close.

But gold back over $1601.00 as of 2:30 pt.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
:o What a rollercoaster ride :icon_scratch: Back down to $1589.00 as of 3:40pt.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TerryC said:
hmmm said:
Hmmm, DON'T pull that DISCRIMMINATION trigger!!! OUCH! TTC
:hello2: Not sure what you mean by DISCRIMINATION TRIGGER.
You do realize that i was joking, solomon got his gold from north africa, every one knows that. :wink:
he took his ocean going ships to the placer mines, got the gold and sailed back , took him 7 years mind you.
really now , he could not sail past the straights of Gibraltar because at that time, he would have fallen over the edge. ::)

Thought i would throw this in, i guess maybe the world is not flat after all. ;D
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Message.aspx/2384

Attachments

• eship.jpg
    eship.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 293

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
www.goldprice.org is a website that I like to use for checking on the gold price. They even have a cool little app for my phone that I can click on and check prices whenever I want. A guy named Franklin Anders makes commentaries on what the gold price is doing and what he expects it is going to do.

Here is a commentary he made yesterday after gold plummeted down back to the $1580's.

Today y'all saw a very overbought gold and silver market spooked by silly, inconsequential news. The euro eased up on hopes that an EU summit would fix the sovereign debt crisis (it won't), then O'Bama said the budget plan floated by the "Gang of Six" senators might break the impasse over raising the federal debt ceiling (not likely).

Even if the Gang of Six plan were adopted, it would only cut $4 trillion over 10 years -- they have to multiply the reductions by 10 years, otherwise you couldn't find them with an electron microscope. But multiply a $3.5 trillion budget, which WILL NOT stop growing, by 10 to $35 trillion, then divide $4 trillion by that. It's a minute 11.4%. Friends, when over 30% of income in the US comes from direct federal government spending, that's not a dwarf star in a dark sky.

The European crisis will be papered over with a "re-scheduling" which will bail out the banks and feed those tapeworms even more fatly and permanently on the victim countries. The debt ceiling question is 100% theater, as every goof involved knows they have no choice and no will but to raise the debt ceiling. They are quibbling about $100 million. If you were spending too much on your $2000 monthly budget and tightened your belt by a like amount you would be struggling along on only $1,999.94. Drama, the theater of the despicable.

But the Beast of Muddy Brain can't see it, and so is sucked in to its own destruction and deceit, flaring in empty hope when O'Bama speaks a kind word toward a deal.

To fix the problem requires a will to let the bankrupt fail, let unemployment rise, let bad debt be written off, suffer two years of economic agony, and never again be seduced by the Keynesian stupidity that government can guarantee prosperity by borrowing and spending. Or that individuals can prosper by borrowing to consume. Since you won't see that until Ben Bernancubus can walk on water, you will see more of the same stupidity until finally the machine grinds to a hyperinflationary halt and a dictator arises to decorate the lampposts with bankers and their politician flunkies. Pray for a better outcome.

The GOLD PRICE hit $1,609.89 today and was rolling along for what anyone might have expected to be an easy down day. Comex closed down only $1.20 at $1,600.90 after a $1,609.90 high. Then came the announcement shortly after the close, and in less than half an hour after market gold dropped to $1,585, then to $1,582.30. Support lies at $1,575 - $1,580, then $1,560. Lowest extent of the fall will probably hit tomorrow, for I don't expect this to last long. Unless gold drops significantly below $1,560, I believe it has begun a new rally. But watch $1,560, and the 20 DMA at $1,430.

Absent that gainsaying below-$1,560 close, the GOLD PRICE should reach $1,675 before it really corrects.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Watch out for the selloff, if we are fortunate enough to vote the muslim out of office in 2012. If he stays in, all bets are off as to just how high gold and silver will go. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread