Heres another cat story, people like cat stories

B

BigDan

Here's another cat story, people like cat stories

Oliver was one of the intentional invitees into our home. He came from a shelter. He's tall and slender like a Texan, orange striped, and forever a kitten. I tied his favorite string toy (mouse on the end) to a scratching post that weighs more than he. I'm mean like that. One day, he was playing with it and decided he had to hide it somewhere...he's a hoarder, really got it bad. He drug that scratching post through three rooms, down one step, and onto the back porch!

So I tied the string toy mouse to a dresser on the back porch. For weeks he fought that thing, trying to get his mouse lose. Then one day he got the mouse, somehow, untied from the string.

This is no lie...may lightning strike me. I found the mouse buried up to it's neck in cat litter! I guess the toy mouse messed with the wrong cat.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's another cat story, people like cat stories

They are amazing little creatures, that allow us to take care of them ;D My cat is no different, but he acts like a dog more so than a cat. He will only meow when he is hungry, the other times he makes a cacking sound trying to entice birds. :dontknow: He will not sit next to me, but lay at my feet. He is a short hair, but almost the size of a small dog at 18 lbs.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

Good story Bigdan, your right, I love cat stories. Cats fascinate me to no end. We have three house cats, though two will walk around the yard on a leash, never outside alone. as self sufficient as they are, they die too soon out there. The baby, a year and a half old now, is deaf, and must weigh near 15 lbs. He's a hoot!!! I can see him doing something like your cat did. Goober has worn out several mice-on-a-string. when there is no more bounce to the string, he ignores it. a new elastic string just makes his day.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Cats on a leash?? LOL!!
I have a crazy siamese, she adopted us the day we started moving in here in Idaho. She was so tiny I could hold her in one hand. We had the doors all open as I was draggin furniture into the house, she came in & made herself at home & never left. At least four of our nieghbors said she had moved in with them for 2 or 3 days then she would move on to the next house, they all had different names for her. She is loyal, very vocal, fearless & absolutely crazy! She dominates my 100lb lab, they are the best of friends & brings birds, mice & other "gifts" down & lays them under my desk in my office often. The only thing I dont like about her is she is always sharpening her claws on the grill cloth of my amplifiers.........dont know how to break her of that. I squirt her with a water bottle but she always come back. Little b*tch! >:(

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mighty AP said:
Cats on a leash?? LOL!!
I have a crazy siamese, she adopted us the day we started moving in here in Idaho.

The only thing I dont like about her is she is always sharpening her claws on the grill cloth of my amplifiers.........dont know how to break her of that. I squirt her with a water bottle but she always come back. Little b*tch! >:(

:laughing9: AP, don't you know that most cats adopt people? We work for them. Mine adopted me about 12 years ago. I went to throw out my garbage and there was a little kitten in front of my door. I went back in and since it was October, there was a chill in the night and I felt bad for the baby. I opened the door, he walked in, tour a tour of the house, checked every room and decided he liked it. He went into the living and went to sleep in front of the TV. Five minutes later I was out buying food, and he's been here ever since.

As far as the scratching, they sell a spray that will make the surfaces sticky, and cats hate that. Trust me, he will have a quick memory and steer clear of that sticky stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread