Heres My 2012 Overall Metal Detecting Report ( while drying 5 LBS of jerky) YUM-YUM

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's My 2012 Overall Metal Detecting Report ( while drying 5 LBS of jerky) YUM-YUM

YEARALL_zps6d670da5.jpg

Spent most of the evening sorting, cleaning and adding up all my loot which has mostly been deposited in the bank a while back. I can only comment that metal detecting is a hobby which continues to constantly give. What you get is $$$, health, gold, silver, friends, knowledge and many other benefits. :)

totalrings_zpsae4a9ec6.jpg

Here's the rings......probably 50% on land and 50% in the water. I used the Garrett at Pro, the AT Gold and the Infinium this year.

yearendrelics_zps7cd8dae6.jpg

No civil wars in my area, but I do get some oldies from the 1800's and interesting vintage finds. It's fun to me.

yeartags_zps9794c8a5.jpg

Lots of tags in parks and river valley. Mostly from dogs, but there were a lot of coal mines around, which might account for the number tags.

yeartokens_zps66b00927.jpg

A nice bunch of tokens were found this year. Sometimes tokens can be very valuable. I managed to score a couple of free cat washes this year.

yEARBUFFALO_zps4a895317.jpg

By the time all my math calculations were completed, my favorite snack was done. I managed to produce 5 LBS of jerky. My whole family loves it! :)

RN's DIG IT (2).jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is realy cool I am new to metal detecting and just got a new Garrett ace 250 pin pointer and can't wait for the snow to be gone so I can start looking for stuff like this.. I don't know what constitutes a good year but that's an awful lot of cool stuff.. Neat finds.. Hopefully I get to experience some cool finds like this.. The anticipation is killing me..

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoy'd seeing the coin totals, but would you mind putting the total weight of all your gold rings? Obviously it's not 100% gold i.e diamonds/rubys and what not, but I'd love to see the weight and see the X $1700oz next to it. Always nice to see your finds John, your the ring master!!!

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds!

Great looking jerky too. I make my own at home as well. It's a lot of work but worth it in the end

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Kodak film can is pretty neat,haven't seen one in a long time.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man John, you did very well this year and that Jerky looks fantastic. Do you use a oven or a smoker or a dehydrator to dry it?
ZDD

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Man John, you did very well this year and that Jerky looks fantastic. Do you use a oven or a smoker or a dehydrator to dry it?
ZDD

I use a NESCO dehydrator, the square one with 6 trays at the moment. I might buy 3 more for a total of 9 trays. That should make a nice batch that should last.

fd80_fruit_500x500.jpg

Last edited:

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! And you are inspiring to get some jerky going too....looks delicious!

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
:icon_thumleft: Awesome !!! You got this detecting and jerky making business down to a tee. Hope this year is even better for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread