Heres My Latest Addition To My Metal Detecting Hobby

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's My Latest Addition To My Metal Detecting Hobby

DSC_0840.JPG

I ordered a light tent last week, and it arrived today. It's used to help get rid of shadows when photographing items, and defuses the light which allows better photos when taking closeups of shiny rings with diamonds. My kit comes with a cub tent, 3 colors of back drop, two lights + stands plus a camera stand fully adjustable for height and angle. It packs up into a nice small package, resembling the size of a laptop computer case.

DSC_0834.JPG

Here is a closeup of a 22 ricochet bullet. Looks like I have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me. Oh well.........winters coming. :)

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I need one of those! Did you say addiction or addition?:laughing7:

You made me look back and check.....it was one of those late night posts. rofl.gif

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. May look into one of those. Thanks John.

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
John, do you have a link or info? Interested. Pretty cool

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
You can find them on Ebay different types just put in …. photo light box ...

Or, you can probably build your own also. I just happen to like the package, as it comes with lights, a camera stand, different colors for back drop and folds up into a suitcase when not in use.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very easy to build your own out of a white plastic garbage bag or even card stock paper. I have been a professional photographer for over 19 years so I have some experience in controlling light :) To the OP look into something called "focus stacking" since at such a close distance your DOF (depth of field) is about a millimeter. You need to take multiple images at different focus points and combine them in post processing to a fully in focus "small"object. Hope that helps a little

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
very easy to build your own out of a white plastic garbage bag or even card stock paper. I have been a professional photographer for over 19 years so I have some experience in controlling light :) To the OP look into something called "focus stacking" since at such a close distance your DOF (depth of field) is about a millimeter. You need to take multiple images at different focus points and combine them in post processing to a fully in focus "small"object. Hope that helps a little

Thanks for your input......photography has a never ending learning curve, and one can never have enough equipment. But at the same time, you don't need to have a very expensive camera either. And, a lot of the secondary equipment can be home made as Austin stated.

macro.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions