Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's one for Fossis

I'm glad you made it down to Oklahoma, vangone. I was down for the 4th, but it's too hot for me anymore. Lots of legends and history in the Wichitas. Fossis is on the other side of the state where they have all kinds of hills, but the Wichitas are about it for SW Oklahoma. 40 years ago or so you could drive up on top of Mt. Scott at night and they had a lot of different campgrounds in the refuge. Too much meanness went on and that's all changed. Still a cool place.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

RGINN said:
I'm glad you made it down to Oklahoma, vangone. I was down for the 4Th, but it's too hot for me anymore. Lots of legends and history in the Wichita's. Fossis is on the other side of the state where the have all kinds of hills, but the Wichita's are about it for SW Oklahoma. 40 years ago or so you could drive up on top of Mt. Scott at night and they had a lot of different campgrounds in the refuge. Too much meanness went on and that's all changed. Still a cool place.
Your correct RGINN on the times they let you on Mt Scott. Ive been told 9AM to 6PM in the evening. Its a very cool place and I wanted to go up in the evening and get some sunset shots,but no deal.I wasn't sure where Fossis lived,only that's its in that state.
Van

Lil Nick

Mar 6, 2008
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

I live about 40 miles east of the Wichita Mtns. It's been several months since I have been there. I have a 6 year old grandson that I am raising and he loves to go there and see all of the wildlife. That is a great picture you have posted on here.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pic Van, also thank your son for his service.
That area is on my list to visit, every time my wife flies to AZ to visit her folks, I travel across different sections of OK.
I have been everywhere but the SW part.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Lil Nick said:
I live about 40 miles east of the Wichita Mtns. It's been several months since I have been there. I have a 6 year old grandson that I am raising and he loves to go there and see all of the wildlife. That is a great picture you have posted on here.
Thanks Lil Nick,it is a very cool place to see..My Wife is afraid of high places and if she had known we were going up there she would not have went,but once she got up there she loved every minute of it. The refuge does have lots of wildlife to see,stuff that we don't see where I'm from.
Van

Attachments

• IMG_6336 Buffalo.jpg
    IMG_6336 Buffalo.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

fossis said:
Great pic Van, also thank your son for his service.
That area is on my list to visit, every time my wife flies to AZ to visit her folks, I travel across different sections of OK.
I have been everywhere but the SW part.

Fossis..............
You should go see that area Fossis. It would be neat to have you write about it and the interesting things that went on there. This Mountain is Mt Scott .
Also in this area is Medicine Creek. Also a very pretty place.At Medicine Creek there is a place called The Old Plantation that has some really good food. Try one of there cheese burgers. Lots of fries with a 8oz burger and a grilled bun for only 6 and a quarter, Pretty good price for a tourist area.Hope you make it there Fossis I would like to read a post from you on that area.
Van

Attachments

• IMG_6621 Mission creek panorama.jpg
    IMG_6621 Mission creek panorama.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 162

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread