Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's one for the Tungsten haters

What's worse than finding a tungsten ring???

Finding HALF a tungsten ring. :dontknow: It was on a volley ball court. The guy must of really been knocking the crap out of that ball.

Found the tungsten half and most of the coins along with a black Stainless Steel bracelet over the past couple days. I've never seen black SS before.

This morning I managed to find the 18K/Plat band. Weighs in at 10 grams.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

Attachments

• IMG_0164.JPG
    IMG_0164.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 556
Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice digs:hello2:Congratulations:thumbsup:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say having one's finger broken or sprained and having to have the ring cut off so that you can be treated as your finger is swollen is worse!

Betta a cut ring than no finger (mo worse)!

OP
OP
tnt-k9

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, what's with the tungsten?

A lot of MDers hate finding tungsten or titanium. Me personally, I'd rather find a tungsten than a silver. Tungsten is one of the strongest, most scratch resistant metals out on the market. Even used, except for the half I found they generally look brand spanking new. I have found many that retail for $300.00 plus. I found one with a Platinum inlay that retails for $950 - $1,1000. Now I know that I could never get retail for a found ring but other than the David Yurman ring I found last month I've yet to see a silver ring that comes close to retailing at $100 or more. My take on this is that you can sell 1 for the same price as an ounce of silver rings. Titanium will scratch.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of MDers hate finding tungsten or titanium. Me personally, I'd rather find a tungsten than a silver. Tungsten is one of the strongest, most scratch resistant metals out on the market. Even used, except for the half I found they generally look brand spanking new. I have found many that retail for $300.00 plus. I found one with a Platinum inlay that retails for $950 - $1,1000. Now I know that I could never get retail for a found ring but other than the David Yurman ring I found last month I've yet to see a silver ring that comes close to retailing at $100 or more. My take on this is that you can sell 1 for the same price as an ounce of silver rings. Titanium will scratch.

Thank You!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, David Yurman and a few other designer silver rings resale at remarkably good prices. Just unloaded a David Yurman silver/14k myself a couple of weeks ago. There are a few Tungsten designer rings that hold a fair and desirable following, but very few. The resale value/demand for most mass market Tungsten rings isn't near that of silver. Personally, I don't care if I ever find another Tungsten or silver ring unless it is somehow embellished in such a way as to render it unique and desirable. But that's just me.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a silver ring is always fun, but unless it is a desirable designer ring in good condition with high demand, or has a nice stone, even a large one is not worth that much. Silver at its high has a meltdown value of less than $40 per troy oz (31.1034768 grams).

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes you wonder how that thing got cut in half..... them babies are strong and hard to cut. I used to get rid of my silver rings in our antique booths. Thou not worth much many are still impressive pieces and sold well.

Dew

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had an excellent hunt, tnt-k9!

Congrats on that Platinum ring find!

Lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had an excellent hunt, tnt-K9!

Congratulations on that platinum ring find!

Lorraine

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread