Heres one hell of a relic find for you.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats crazy!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Can't believe the track Drives sprocket & wheels turned after all those years :o
was there since the 40's Right ?
I would have thought the bearings would have been frozen by now.

Cool recovery :notworthy: !

I never tire of seeing more tanks being recovered, Why didn't a few sink here ? :tongue3:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Theres very little oxygen in deep mud and marshs.Thats why theyre so well preserved.Theres another video of a Russian T-34 being pulled out.After pulling it out,the fuel pump,along with the fuel, was replaced along with a few bearings and the tank started right up.I'll post it when i come across the video.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres very little oxygen in deep mud and marshs.Thats why theyre so well preserved.Theres another video of a Russian T-34 being pulled out.After pulling it out,the fuel pump,along with the fuel, was replaced along with a few bearings and the tank started right up.I'll post it when i come across the video.

yes I'm familiar with the preservation factor on allot of things in pure Mud :laughing7:

Just never realized it to this extent :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
yes I'm familiar with the preservation factor on allot of things in pure Mud

I figured you were but,i threw that in anyway for other people to know.I found this video on a T-34 that was captured by the Germans and remarked and used by them.I dont think this is the same video that i mentioned about changing the fuel and fuel pump and bearings.I remember that part of the video specifically.But this tank does run after being pulled out of the bog.

A WWII T34 Tank is recovered from the bottom of a lake in Estonia. After a little cleanup, it runs!

It had been captured by the Germans, and that's why there are German markings. They disposed of it in a lake to stop the Russians from reusing it. It was under several feet of peat moss under the water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread