Heres The #1 True Tested Way To Increase Your Ring Finds.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's The #1 True Tested Way To Increase Your Ring Finds.

a2009rings.jpg

Dig those pennies! Yah, I know, they are a waste of time, worth almost nothing :(. Why bother? Well, most silver and some gold rings read where the penny reads. There is no setting on ANY detector specifically for rings. You got to dig a lot of targets. If you want to cherry pick just the higher or lower conductive targets, go ahead. But you will leave the better finds for people who will go the extra mile and dig all penny signals. And I got paid over $50.00 to do just that in pennies, just so I could find lots of rings. And you know what? It really works. :) And having a detector which can size a target even increases your chances of getting rings also.

I spent some time after work this week rolling my pennies. I got to 99 rolls so far, and figure I have another 2-3 rolls of those cheap one cent rolls left to make.

Attachments

• a penny total.jpg
    a penny total.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 493

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Here's The #1 True Tested Way To Increase Your Ring Finds.

Dang, I hate to roll pennies. Thought to involve the grand kids in this and that lasted about two minutes. Tried one of them battery operated coin counters but the price of the preformed paper rolls is sorta high. Now I jsut take them to a Coin Star machine to save time and don't have to clean them up either.

But you are very right on some rings hiding in the penny range and also the thin white gold rings with the rocks are in the foil range. So just watching a meter for the higher coins loses many real goodies.

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Once again great job. And I will take your advise. Hope it pays off.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I with John - dig the pennies! I also agree with Sandman - Coinstar is the only way to go, especially since you can't bribe grandkids any longer.

A

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE

how do canadian pennies read vs the usa zinc?
that pic is a good convincer to dig them.
few weeks ago i was gettin lazy but decided
to go ahead on a zinc signal which was asmall
ring. silver w stone

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

scrounger said:
how do canadian pennies read vs the usa zinc?
that pic is a good convincer to dig them.
few weeks ago i was gettin lazy but decided
to go ahead on a zinc signal which was asmall
ring. silver w stone

Our zinc ones do, our ones that are are attracted to iron read in the iron range, and the copper ones read as once cent. I'm so confused? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread