Hey all you beachcombers in England.....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It'll give a good signal! :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Not as big as Vietnam. :)

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Just the facts ma'am...only the facts! :)

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon guys, like you have never just misplaced a 2,000 pound mine :wink:

Why just the other day....................................

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
I think the question is better stated as "Why couldn't the US either win nor lose the Vietnam War?"
Tactically, the US did quite well in a military sense-- winning the majority of the battles fought. America did not lose in that respect.
The defeat came as a political fall out. Bowing to anti-war pressure from home, the media damaged the war cause beyond repair, hence the early American withdrawal came in 1973. The Republic of Vietnam and the South Vietnameses did not want to fight or defend their country. They were invaded on April 30, 1975 in what is known as the Fall of Saigon.
If the United States would have stayed the course and fight, the war would have been a guaranteed victory stategically. A lesson learned.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
You sound like the coach of the Indianapolis colts telling people in a bar how "technically" they didn't lose the super bowl! :laughing9:

Result stays the same: Vietnam 1 - 0 USA :wink:

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
If you had the balls you would join the military! OVER HERE not in a country that is too afraid to fight and lets everyone else fight their fight for them! :icon_thumright:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
You're joking right? :laughing9: Join YOUR military? :laughing9: :'( :laughing9:
No mate, I like living way too much. Maybe when you start training your troops to be soldiers and not college jocks with big guns and a preference for seeing what it's like to be the the target at the end of a firing range, i'd think about it.

I can't find a thing wrong with a country that lets a bigger one fight and spend all it's money defending them. Seems like "common sense" to me? :dontknow:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
You're joking right? :laughing9: Join YOUR military? :laughing9: :'( :laughing9:
No mate, I like living way too much. Maybe when you start training your troops to be soldiers and not college jocks with big guns and a preference for seeing what it's like to be the the target at the end of a firing range, i'd think about it.

I can't find a thing wrong with a country that lets a bigger one fight and spend all it's money defending them. Seems like "common sense" to me? :dontknow:
Dano :nono: leave the slacked jawed locals alone :laughing7:

SS

DBG

Aug 6, 2011
Dano Sverige said:

Well Duddett, Ya just lost any respect you might have ever had of Mine. Hope you don't ever need our help.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Well that's totally ruined my year i must say! :'(

dgnbama

Mar 6, 2011
hayden alabama
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vietnam 1 - 0 USA

USA 1 - ENGLAND 0 dont forget who we whooped to win our freedom!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
True mate, but that's the only time you've managed to win a war on your own...hell of a long time ago ain't it? :wink:

(And it's USA 2 - 0 England....you beat us at soccer in the 1950 world cup too.) :)

dgnbama

Mar 6, 2011
hayden alabama
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(And it's USA 2 - 0 England....you beat us at soccer in the 1950 world cup too.)

Soccer ( LOL ) the most boring sport I've ever watched, but i know you limey's really love it.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dgnbama said:
Vietnam 1 - 0 USA

USA 1 - ENGLAND 0 dont forget who we whooped to win our freedom!
:-\

Oh no, not that OLD potato ::) Broken record or what ::)

dgnbama

Mar 6, 2011
hayden alabama
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no, not that OLD potato ::) Broken record or what ::)

SS whats the difference from what he said and what i said, oh wait i know I'm a (Yank).

How this turned from a story about a mine to a Bash Americans thread is beyond me, maybe you intellectual Brits should stop looking down your noses at us and realize that maybe we Yanks aren't as dumb as you assume.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember earlier this year their was one found on the upper coast of Scotland and I herd on CNN their were 2 or 3 found in an iceberg floating around off the coast of Greenland. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions