Hey All

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made an intro thread in the new member section but this is probably where Ill spend most of my time. Been lurking and reading this section daily since 2008, CRHing for a little under a year, finally thought I should register.

Learned how to CRH by reading the forum. Key word READING. In my time lurking Ive always thought some of you were way too nice to those who failed to read the beginners guide and would ask a question that some other newbie asked the day before. Kept the forum cluttered with nonsense IMO. Those who ask silly questions are probably those who will be too lazy to do the leg work and develop a dumping plan and bother developing relationships with their banks.

Ive had some good finds and recovered a lot of silver. Sitting at 316 40%s, 135 90%s and 49 dimes. Hoping to double if not triple those finds in the next year and looking to hit 100oz but June 8 (my one year anniversary)

Happy hunting all

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
From reading the forum for ~2 years I would say yes. After this past year I fully intend on ordering as many boxes as I can afford for the months of december and january even if I have to "spend" gas to go out of my way dumping everyday.

I agree. Many people need extra money for gifts, and will go into their attic for those old half dollars from grandma.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
There are hundred of thousands of dollers in halves being cashed in around Christmas...as a matter-of-fact, hundreds of thousands of dollers in halves being cashed in every month, month after month, all over the country!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
There are hundred of thousands of dollers in halves being cashed in around Christmas...as a matter-of-fact, hundreds of thousands of dollers in halves being cashed in every month, month after month, all over the country!

Another small surge may occur during the summer, when a kid will raid the collection for his ice cream.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came up with 99ish. went by .0723oz for dimes, .1479oz for 40% and .3617 for 90%. Not sure.

I multiplied your counts by the coin's gram weight, then multiplied that number by the fineness to come up with the silver weight in grams. Then divided that number by 31.1034768 to get the troy ounce weight.

OP
OP
T

Terp08

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I multiplied your counts by the coin's gram weight, then multiplied that number by the fineness to come up with the silver weight in grams. Then divided that number by 31.1034768 to get the troy ounce weight.

Hmmmm, seems like more effort. Is that how coin dealers do it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread