Hey Beach Hunters

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We need the regular posters to step up and become charter members. This site cost a mere $.054 cents a day, that is 5 and 1/2 pennies a day....Even on my worst day of hunting I find more then that.....That is very little to pay to have access to the vast amount of knowledge that can either be read here, or available though some of the many knowledgeable TN members....

When you find something and you don't know what it is, or if it is old or real, where do you go to find out? You come here and ask. (old button, is this an artifact,
as example.)

If TN is sold there could and most likely will be major changes that will affect all of us, and the changes that come could be in very negative ways. There are other treasure websites, I have been to most of them, but none like TN in my personal opinion....

I personally thing Marc should move some of the features available to non Charter members to Charter membership. No post count available or visible till your a Charter member as example for starters.........It can continue to count as posts are made, just not visible till your a Charter member.

Make the cost of Charter Membership $2.50 a month or $20.00 a year, payable through Paypal or Credit Card...............

Not trying to step on anyone toes here, I just don't want to see major changes in the best Treasure Website on the net is all............

Upvote 0

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
That why we all are paying for everything we do, if you want to PAY you can..

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you expect everything including this site to be free? I am asking for people to join as Charter members to help keep TN as it is, the best Treasure Site on the net.

I also think they should move some of the features now available to non-charter members to Charter Only........

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not stirring anything up. TN site is up for sale, Charter Members are trying to see if we can stop the sale, one of the ways is by getting more members to become Charter Members. We are trying to help Marc, and in turn help ourselves, we do not want to see TN sold.

5.5 cents a day is not too much to ask for all this site has to offer.................. :icon_thumright:

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
I became a chartermember only to support a good detector site.

In my opinion its like supporting something that is good for you mental health, to prevent it from going away. The minute i dont like it in here, i will stop my small payment. In the internetworld there is alot of different sites, but for me this is the very best place to be.

The reason for me writing this, is because i have never had any problem donating to a good cause, in this case treasurenet.

So i will stick my head out and say yes to support this site.

Remember the old saying: You dont know what you got until its gone.

Excuse my english if its full of writing errors, english is not my first language.

Thank you

Trond K

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK,

You don't want to be a Charter Member to help support TN that is your business, don't join, I am not trying to talk you into it.

We are just seeking ways to get more members to become Charter members to help support the site and keep it private.

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
count me in its the least i can do for all the help i have been given on what metal detector to get. I love this site its about the only thing i have to do here in Iraq on my down time with all the story's, pic of peoples finds. I have spent $20.00 on some dumb things but this i use everyday it has endless knowledge and experts and i like it just the way it is. I am so going to become a member as soon as i post this

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky Kache said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
KK,

You don't want to be a Charter Member to help support TN that is your business, don't join, I am not trying to talk you into it.

We are just seeking ways to get more members to become Charter members to help support the site and keep it private.

Understood. Just don't try to talk Mark into taking away from the rest of us. That wouldn't be helping you.

KK, I am not trying to help me, we are trying to Help TN and Marc....Contributing to TN helps TN, which is why we became Charter Members to begin with, to help support TN.......

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalfloss said:
count me in its the least i can do for all the help i have been given on what metal detector to get. I love this site its about the only thing i have to do here in Iraq on my down time with all the story's, pic of peoples finds. I have spent $20.00 on some dumb things but this i use everyday it has endless knowledge and experts and i like it just the way it is. I am so going to become a member as soon as i post this

Way to go Mentalfloss, by doing so you are helping TN, and helping to keep it the way it is, private not owned by one of the manufactors or a group that cares nothing about what TN is.. :icon_thumright:

Don't think if TN is sold that there want be lots of changes............. :'(

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK, it is obvious you don't want to join, that is your business, you don't want to contribute 5.5 cents a day to help support TN that is your call.

I am simply trying to get members to become Charter Members to help support TN and keep TN private.

As far as the post counts, making the post counts visible as part of Charter Membership was simply an example of a way to increase the Charter Membership. I personally don't care about my post count, but I have seen newbie after newbie post single words just to try to increase their count and some have even admitted it. If a newbie says hey, how do I get my post counts to show and someone replies "become a charter member" not all will, but many would become Charter Member just for that feature, that helps TN more.

What have they really gained, not much, just a simple counter, what have I lost if you take mine away, not much just a simple counter, all the information is still here and available to everyone................The more income that is generated the less reason Marc has to seek a sale.

Any suggestions I ever make are strictly suggestions. I am only one Charter Member, I have no power at all. Marc will do what Marc feels is best to do, it is his site, and a private site at that. Small things can make a big difference in revenue...........

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter it looks like some folks feel guilty or offended in some other way. Just remember that there are a lot of us out here who are charter members and will keep our membership up. Just the way some of us work, you know kinda like paying your own way.

A

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, another nice thing about the way Marc has the site set up is the "Ignore User" button. So you don't even have to see the posts by those people who only want to snipe at others.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK what ever reasons you choose not to be a member is your reasons.

We shall continue to seek new members, I already know of 2 new memberships today so that helps.

ThTx thanks for the support and your continued membership and support of TN as a Charter Member................. I bought my Charter August 19, 2006, 3 weeks after finding this site in July because I felt I should help support such a great site through more then just posting my finds, asking a question or giving my opinion............

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
That sound great, yet I do not have payp and I do not have a credit card...I know that sounds strange...
Is there anyway I can pay using a money order...or something else...I would love to support this sight...It has been great..But would like another pay option..Thanks

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
That sound great, yet I do not have payp and I do not have a credit card...I know that sounds strange...
Is there anyway I can pay using a money order...or something else...I would love to support this sight...It has been great..But would like another pay option..Thanks

Beachboy,

It is only by paypal now that I know of, but here is what I can do. I have paypal, if your comfortable to send me a walmart pr postal money order, I will deposit it in my paypal account, and I will order the Charter Membership in your name. You would need to IM me your contact information as well as the name you used to register for TN if it is different then the name displayed.

I have already given out a Charter Membership as a Christmas gift to another member this way.....

I think you will find there are members here who will vouch for me.......

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another point of agreement, Treasure_Hunter!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, now KK, Treasure Hunter is only doing what he and others believe in to get more members in as Charter Members. The Search feature alone is worth the tiny amount of money spent on a Charter Membership. Say you want to find info on a certain coil or scoop, you can do a search on it and all the posts that are relevant show up. Taking away features for none supporting guests is one way to get them to participate if they wish to enjoy all the benefits the site offers. Other sites offer more features to full members. I only hope no one ignores you because you have a lot to contribute to the site with your experience and friendship. :hello:

Take Care,
Sandman

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading what some the charter member have to share (without the added attitute) is worth my $20. As soon as I figure out paypal I'll be sending it in.

Honestly I probably should have done this months ago.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:

Got your IM's beachboy, as soon as I get your money order I will purchase your Charter Membership using my Paypal. I will let you know when money order has arrived and when I have purchased the Charter Membership for you, which will be almost back to back................

Thanks for your support of TN..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread