"Hey Can You Bring Us Back Some Halves Once You Sort Through Them?"

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
"Hey Can You Bring Us Back Some Halves Once You Sort Through Them?"

Yes those were the exact words of a branch manager at a new branch that ordered me halves this week. I asked if she would order me some halves... the brach is VERY small and the manager in the head teller.... I explained that if she would, I promised not to bring tyhem back there... then she speaks those immortal words... "Hey can you bring us back some halves once you sort through them?" She said that they get all kinds of calls asking for halves but never have any to sell. She says that whenever they run out of what I bring back, she will order me 2 more boxes and have me bring back more. What a set up! I picked them up this morning, she asks me again about it.. so I tell her I will go out in the van and sort through some and bringe her back some...she said " Awesome".. I took her back in 250$. I figured that would let her sell some but also make my next order time from there fairly soon... I know it is the number one rule of CRHing... but yes I have been asked to bring back where I buy....

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Re: "Hey Can You Bring Us Back Some Halves Once You Sort Through Them?"

Wow.. hell of a deal.. can't beat that.. and you're destroying the competition at the same time while you dump!! :hello2:

999digger

Aug 31, 2010
Wisconsin

I had the same thing with dimes. The teller said I could bring them back and I did not have to roll them. I still used a dump bank though. Sounds like a good set up if they don't care. I just cannot stand people that do not have permission and take them back to the same bank. It ruins it for the rest of us. Keep us posted on what you find and keep up the good work.
HH

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other

Minton, you have to have fun with this. Take a pen and mark some of the rolls 1967 or Bens and Walkers. This works especially well if you can find some old wrappers. A lot of us have fallen for this trick. We run out to the car and anxiously open those rolls with clues on them. Then we slammed back to the pavement and some guy is laughing his a$$ off. J

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

coolpix9 said:
Minton, you have to have fun with this. Take a pen and mark some of the rolls 1967 or Bens and Walkers. This works especially well if you can find some old wrappers. A lot of us have fallen for this trick. We run out to the car and anxiously open those rolls with clues on them. Then we slammed back to the pavement and some guy is laughing his a$$ off. J

It would be even funnier if he wrote on the coins, "sucker" just to rub it in even more.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

999digger said:
I had the same thing with dimes. The teller said I could bring them back and I did not have to roll them. I still used a dump bank though. Sounds like a good set up if they don't care. I just cannot stand people that do not have permission and take them back to the same bank. It ruins it for the rest of us. Keep us posted on what you find and keep up the good work.
HH

That's the ultimate dump bank setup.. as long as he doesn't live near me ;D

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been told please don' t bring them back. They hate counting them.....Matt

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a similar deal at one of my order banks. I order 2 boxes a week, bring back the rejects the next week, and swap them for 2 new boxes.

I normally wouldn't do this, but they offered to do it. I probably asked 4 or 5 times if she (branch manager) was sure that would be ok before I agreed to it. Even so, I still expect it to end eventually. I figure how ever many boxes boxes I get to search will just be a "bonus" as I don't currently need this bank to order or to dump.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

What a set up!!!!! I'm not sure if I'm more jealous of that set up, or someone who finds a monster box!

Just make sure that you DON'T overload them. Keep them asking and wanting them.

I'll tell you what is frustrating...I order from a local bank's main office. The branch less than a mile away is always excited to get halves, yet I am too afraid to dump there. They are not silver seekers, but I worry that word will get around that I dump the same coins that were ordered...and taking $20 to them at a time just isn't worth it.

Again, DO NOT overload that bank with your dumps. I'd use lines like "I have a ton of people wanting them...and I am glad to help you out in any way. How much do you want?"

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

yeah I wouldnt overload them... I have dumped and bought there before.. they dot have lots of coins.. but said once.. "We will sell you whatever you want, if you bring it back so we dont run short" so they are all very good about letting me swap out rolls... they hold rolls for me... and now will order.. at one point I was dumping about 400$ in halves a week and people were buying them all.. they also asked me if I could get them some presidential dollars as they have lots of requests for those as well. It is so nice to have such a good relationship with them!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dont think I would do anything to trick your competition. I would just take them back in rolls and dont mess with them. For now they are taking your dumps for you and you are giving them clad. Once they catch on, you wont have a dump bank...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread