Hey Chicago Beaches Still Have a Few Rings..

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, there's one less now, but I'm sure there's still some out there..and I plan to get my share :laughing7:

I tried out my 'new old stock' waders today.. I bought them a couple of weeks ago on Facebook marketplace. An old timer bought them about 20(30?) years ago as a spare and never used them. I broke them in today at a north side beach. Water temp was about 40 degrees and I was pretty toasty so no problems there and it was nice and sunny too.. Great day to pillage the sands... First & only 'problem' came when I dug my first water signal... my carbon fiber shaft for my scoop cracked right where it attaches to the scoop. And THAT ended my water hunt.. So I decided to collect what I could in the dry sand.. All in all, a pretty clean beach so only got a small handful of clad and some bottle caps, when I got a nice 24 signal on the Nox... Was pleasantly surprised to pull out this ring with a few rocks on top. Super excited to get this- my 3rd ring..

got back home and after a closer look (with my loop) saw that it is only an AliBaba silver plated ring with 'maybe' an aquamarine and a couple of cz on top. Hey, but its still a ring!
Thanks for looking.

20191124_195640.jpg 20191124_201605.jpg

Upvote 14
OP
OP
ROIGuy

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Washingtonian & silverfreak. I've been inspired by some of the guys who do those water hunts. Can't wait to get back in the water. This week it's in the high 40s here and sunny so I think I'll be taking advantage of it.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Ring find. It's a cool looking ring too. GL out there. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ROIGuy

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Digger RJ... I have to say my heart was thumping when I found it.. Best looking ring yet.

OP
OP
ROIGuy

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks RVRoamer66. It does look nice. I may bring it to a local jeweler to see if the stones are worth anything and just what they are exactly

OP
OP
ROIGuy

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks RVRoamer66. It does look nice. I may bring it to a local jeweler to see if the stones are worth anything and just what they are exactly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread