Hey CRHs

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
I don't hunt too many roll,s , but I do save my Copper Cents.

Has anyone else noticed a decline in the CU cents you come across?

just wondering.
Davers:thumbsup:

:coffee2: I hunt halfs only but do come across a lot of pennies. The cooper pennies around here seem to still be plentiful. I haven't really noticed any decline in the amount of cooper pennies I do find. I can't speak for others who actually crh pennies.
HH
Gary

Still find about the same, but have noticed they are very difficult to sell on ebay these days. I think the copper price is down a bid right now.

I have been averaging 22-25% copper for years now, I don't cull copper often, but when I do, that's what I average.

It's been 27 - 28% for the last few years. if anything, the percentage has gone up recently.

Its a consistent 16% down here in SoCal, absolute BS, If it was anything like the national average I'd be doing 1k a week in cents -_-

Well if you don't 'count' Wheat Backs Copper alloy Cents Were only around for 23 years or so & their Zinc Brothers 32 years , those numbers sound about right .( to my GED Mind.)
Thanks for the Reply,s
Davers

P.s. Copper is hovering around $3.00 a lb. at this time.

I have been culling copper the past few weeks and it's been at about 25% copper in Loomis penny rolls,which is not to bad. I have not been hunting long so I do not know if it has declined.

I haven't sampled the waters lately. A couple of years ago, boxes here were running at ~11%. In my pocket change, less than 1 out of 10 cents is copper, so I'm assuming it hasn't improved much if any.

I haven't been CRHing long or very much. I been through probably 30 rolls of pennies during the last couple of months. I'd say probably about 15% were copper and maybe 2% Wheaties. In my pocket change, I doubt that I find more than 5% copper and only remember finding 1 Wheatie during the last year or so.

Boutique french kitchenware firms are melting them down into expensive copper/bronze pans and selling them for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a piece. This is my theory.
Mauviel Copper Oval Stewpan with Lid | Williams-Sonoma
That isn't even a french brand, and look how much it sells for. If you see any french-canadians frequenting your local bank, you know what they are up to.

To long: did not read: .....Copper has gone down where I am to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back