Hey Everyone, new here from Rhode Island. Here are some of my better finds.

The

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting a little over a year, I get out about 4 to 5 days a week. I use an AT-Pro. I hunt streams, freshwater beaches, and properties a realtor gives me a couple times a week.

I look forward to reading stories and looking at your finds. Nice to be here!

25jwdae.jpg

OEyE2lc.png

g1IOS3F.png

lcvq.png

lxui.png

xysj.png

Upvote 4

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice Sterling Souvenir spoon commemorating the 1620 Plymouth Landing. Great find. Since it is not worth very much I would bet it would be a good candidate to practice cleaning silver. That way if you get a real valuable silver coin or artifact you will know what to do and what not to do and have a "feel" for how to do it. There are threads here that tell you how to clean [or not to clean] and care for items you've dug or found.

William Brewster is my 12th great-grandfather. I am also related to Richard Warren. It is not uncommon if you are related to one 1620 Mayflower [there are a few Mayflower ships] passenger that you also find you are related to another.

There is a "Cleaning & Preservation" thread you can go to to get the best advice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

The

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Yes, I clean all my non-key date silver coins. I do not plan on selling them so i don't mind if the value is a little lower after the end result. As far as this spoon is concerned, I like the way it looks so I didnt bother cleaning it thoroughly.

Thanks for the advice!

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
The Commerative Half is a Great Find and the Spoon is Great also

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Finds In My Book.

Finding any Commemorative Half Dollar Is Rare IMO.
Great spoon as well.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread