Hey everyone , take a second to read this

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro, Specialized mining equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will do a quick introduction then on to the reason for my post. My name is Paul ,I have a serious interest in the discovery of things in the ground be it precious metals , gems , relics etc . I finally got to the point in my life that I can pursue those activities full time . I have designed built and intend to use a machine I made to locate , process and recover gold, silver platinum etc The machine is called a Gold Goblin . It is multi wheel drive , fully amphibious , with board wash plant , it has a mini 360 degree "excavator" and a mini drilling rig to sample .It can can be used on dry land or fully floating in water in Dredge mode. I don't want to get into to much detail but it is meant to work . Here is what I need . I am looking for places to prospect from coast to coast and am looking for a land owner or claim holder that is looking for higher processing of materials to get more gold .We can work out a fair split so you don't have any out of pocket costs . After almost 2 years of building I am just ready to work some land instead of staring at my machine ..if you want pics or info or want to chat about a place , shoot me a PM ... thanks Paul/GoldGoblin ...

Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It has been my experience that a machine designed to everything, cannot do any of them well.
Presuming I am wrong, you would have to design and build a incredible machine in order to surpass the ability of existing machines to do this work.

I could not google a website for you. All I could find was a solicitation for investors.

Why dont you post some pictures and the results of some field trials. If you want people to seriously consider this you have to show them what it is

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes and now that I have completed my machine "working on a few changes" I would love to test it in as many different types of geology as possible . My part of the country has very little gold and increasingly less water to allow full scale testing . I am not able to give to many specifics in an active open forum as you stated I have an investor and would have to talk disclosure over with them as these machines will be available for sale at some point . If you would like more details , PM me .

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah! A secret gold getting machine from Texas!

Welcome to the forum Paul. I'll look forward to seeing your machine in action. Until then...

Heavy Pans

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You must have shown pictures to your investor.
I hope you don't think that someone is going to let you work their claim without getting a split...therefore, the prospective claim owner is now an investor....SHOW SOME PICS or you'll get nowhere.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goblin: If you're not from a gold producing area, especially one with large placer deposits, one of the serious problems with your machine will be its small size, its "mini" excavator as it simply will not be able to deal with compacted channel material with cobbles of any size at all.

I'm not saying this to rain on your parade, and I certainly am not telling you this to discourage you, but rather to enlighten you to the realities of gold producing ground. A mini excavator will simply slide or bounce over the channel material and you won't get any sampling done.

I like your idea that it's amphibious, so maybe you should focus on beach or lake deposits that have gold in the sand, then you might actually be able to do some sampling; otherwise, I'm afraid that you'll encounter a lot of serious frustration by not being able to take any significant samples.

The dredge mode is already satisfied by competent dredge designs.

I do know a prospector that's put his dredge on a hovercraft and that's a serious innovation that truly allows him to get his dredge to places on the river that most other people can't get to.

All the best as you work this all out,

Lanny

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoldGoblin, here is the deal. Most fortunes in gold were made from mining the miners and we all know this. A prospector has the heart of an inventor. I cant even count the number of contraptions, improvements and innovations I have read about in these forums over the last 20 years. Some truly silly inventions have come from people with ability and imagination but no experience in mining. Almost all were failures because they did not work or they were only slight adaptations of long existing technology. Gold mining has been around for quite a while and you are in front of experts here. I personally have seen only one or two truly new ideas in this industry over the last 2 decades. I anxiously wait to see of you have another.

There isn't a single person in here that will partner with you unless you show what you are selling. If you have built what you claim to have built and certainly now that you have a investor you first must have secured your intellectual property with a patent. Since it must be patented, you have no fear of showing it.

No I will not PM you, I will not waste my time with a private discussion that leads nowhere
No I will not sign a non-disclosure agreement because it really doesnt protect anything and only serves as a shortcut to a patent
Show us the machine and tell us what you experience in mining is.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm guessing that I'm out. There's not enough water in my mining area to dredge anything. Does it come in a drywasher model?

Lanny does bring up a very valid point there GG. Mini is NOT the way to go when working large placer deposits in a commercial venture! It's not uncommon to have to move large boulders (I'm talking VW size and larger here) and compacted gravels require weight in the machine to be able to maintain traction while you dig into them. Any mining operation that is serious about making money is going to be moving lots of materials and "Mini" isn't going to cut it.

Now on the bright side, I can see your machine being used for exploratory work in some cases if it is very mobile. Not being able to see the layout of the design makes it hard to tell though. As it sounds from your description, your "Do Everything" machine sounds like it would be expensive and possibly out of the reach of many a small scale miner in price.

EDIT: It is also a given rule in mining that you let the terrain tell you what equipment will be needed to work it. Buying equipment before you know where you're going to be mining will only limit where you can mine.

Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a really interesting concept and I hope you come up with something unique!

On the other hand, I keep visualizing David Bowie now....

david-bowie-goblin-king-labyrinth.jpg

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the welcome . I have been prospecting for about 10 years and always welcome input from experienced prospectors . :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the reply . My machine has a 125 gallon recirculation system built in, to use in dry conditions but there is not enough water here to do a full float test . My machine weighs just under 6,400 pounds and is not a "small" piece of equipment but not designed to do large scale mining . I can excavate and process about 10 yards per hour effectively , the excavator has a digging depth of 12'2" inches below ground level " my machine sits just over 6'6" in height when I am operating the "mini" excavator . With the addition of the 30' of hard pipe ,to the boom I can suction dredge down to a depth of 40' depending on which nozzle I use . You are right that this was designed to be more of an exploration vehicle but it does have to ability to process a fair amount of material in various terrain . I designed and built this for personal reasons so you are again correct it would be expensive for small scale miners .I welcome all questions .

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Lanny . The reason I posted besides looking for places to test my machine is for collective input from active miners in various areas . I may have given the wrong impression of the scale of my machine , it is not a little toy lol. It has excavation capability down to 12'2" , it can drill down to a depth of 60' " with the amount of drill stem onboard" , it has a full onboard wash plant with over and under 6 foot sluices , hopper , 18"x 6' trommel "all stainless" , I still need to get Docs Gold Hog mats ordered...the machine is 18'6" long , 7' wide in driving mode (in flotation mode it is 11'4" wide and weighs over 3 tons The reason for the dredge addition to the machine is using the onboard Aqua view camera"in clear water" and the (fly swatter obstruction flap) on the end of the suction tube I can dredge in virtually any temperature without having to dive . I will try to put a couple pics up without giving out the secret receipe . lol.

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Understandable . I have not asked for a NDNC because I only intend to give a good idea of how my machine works to allow interested persons a chance to comment on my post . I would simply be a fool if i gave full disclosure to many thousands of people that mine for a living should the path of my machine make it viable for commercial sales. I have no issue with one to one disclosure as then I know who saw what . I have about a decade of prospecting and mining experience in many parts of this world , hence the reason for an "all" encompassing machine . . I am looking for diverse places to test so that in the event I decide to sell them then I can be reasonably sure the machine can handle those conditions . I dont claim to know everything and I welcome any input .

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BurntBear .... Funny until you posted that I had forgotten about that movie lol. The goblin king thing is because the guys that work for me started calling me that as we were building the Gold Goblin , so I gave them Goblin names as well and only call them by those names . The world is full of things and people trying to take the fun out of life , so have fun while we can . :)

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Redding Cali.....nice gold up in your part of the world ...:notworthy:

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure the reference but looks like you have done a little digging .....

OP
OP
G

GoldGoblin

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since I am trying to answer all replies and am new to this forum , forgive the delay in answering . I intend to post pics if my partner agrees to the disclosure .

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We look forward to seeing what you have built, it certainly sounds interesting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread