Hey from N.E Ohio

History_Digger

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2013
Lorain County, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace350 and Propointer
I have spent a lot of time lurking around this board, reading everything. The one thing I have noticed is that everyone I so well behaved an respectful. I stay away from forums usually because of the clique aspect. Whenever anyone asks a question it is responded to in a true community fashion.

I decided to give metal detecting a shot a few years ago and jumped into a Whites MXT. It was great, but too advanced for me and I eventually sold it. I became frustrated because I wasn't finding anything but I have since learned the value of research. The only "real" find I got with it was an 1882 Indian Head. I think that's what hooked me. The fact that I was the first person to touch that penny since it was dropped in the 1800s. It's incredible to me. Anyway, I regretted selling it almost immediately. I decided to get something easier to get a good handle on this hobby before going more advanced so I just bought a Garrett Ace350. So far I love it and have a couple cool finds. That's my story. See you around the boards.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from N.E. Ohio.........specifically Ashtabula County!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread