Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this isn't the right place to post anymore but I wanted to let you know I miss you and even though I am far away I still think about my IL hunting buddies! I feel like a newbie out here but its fun. I'm learning more about the beach hunt and figuring out how to read tide charts and stuff.

Thought I would share some pics of the new beach I have down the street. The beachfront was built-up in the 1880's or so but I doubt anything remains from those days so it's clad and jewelry hunting I'm sure. Worked an area around a vollyball court and picked up some clad and a bus token. I'll be learning how to get in the water when I buy an excal and a snorkle.

I hope you enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!!!

Attachments

• ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 75
  • beach3.jpg
    beach3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 75
  • beach1.jpg
    beach1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 71
  • beach2.jpg
    beach2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 73
  • beach4.jpg
    beach4.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 56
  • beach6.jpg
    beach6.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 64
  • beach5.jpg
    beach5.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Harvest.JPG
    Harvest.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 60

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Aboard,from Riverside Cali:hello:nice finds on your coins:icon_thumright: wishing you more Treasure,,HH

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice pics and finds. Now for the message: (1)when you're in the water remember, Illinois didn't have great white sharks and(2) you better buy a life jacket because sooner or later the big one will hit(ask if you don't know) and California will fall into the ocean. On the plus side there are killer chicks and some nude beaches(Zuma used to be, but don't know about now). Now, in case nobody told you, not all killer chicks are chicks in California. (I assume you are a guy)

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the good warm weather life now...Lucky you...Now find some oldies like chicago....

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Hoping you great metal detecting adventures in Cali Jason! Let me know when you are coming back to visit!

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Chisos - Appreciate the tips... I'll look for adamsapple on each hot chick I see. Bob - I found a couple of 1880's parks in east LA that may have some oldies still. Might need to check them out early mornings though... I'll treat them like Garfield and Humboldt.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Work the beach areas next to the sidewalks, on the paths to/from the beach; on either side of the pier (kids always throw coins into the sea), and the sand next to any parking lot on the beach (as there is near the Venice pier). Work the beach within Marina del Rey and at the end of Washington Blvd.
HH,
Don.....

Last edited:

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi jason, where do the folks on the nude beaches keep there clad?

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J, I've been away for a while, with school and work keeping me super busy. What took you ways out to Cali.? Even though we didn't get to get out too much, you'll be missed by the Illinois'ers. Remember, this will always be your home, so keep postin' those finds here bud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread