hey guys....

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck with it. Read the manual on setup, ground balancing and pinpointing and then get at it. Most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
metalman709

metalman709

Jan 5, 2011
georgia
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola
so i've had the pro for a couple of days now and my conclusion is that i've got to practice alot with this thing!!!! me and my buddy went out sunday and had a good hunt overall...i told him that i hadn't found any quarters and he said he had found a couple, (he hunts with an ace 250), btw(which i destroy him coin hunting with my cibola) just had to get that in there!!!..... anyway, while i'm telling him this he gets a signal and says that is one there, so i check it with the pro and get a good 85,86 signal... he digs it and it's a nice,old sterling silver ring with a huge purple stone on top!!! i won't say much but he was overdue on this find so congrats to him....i had 7 or 8 rings last year to his 2 so i'm not complaining, but i am determined to learn the pro and all it's bells and whistles!!!!!

Attachments

• Photo368.jpg
    Photo368.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 395

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I've just been using my AT Pro in STD mode, coins program, iron completely rejected, sensitivity 7 out of 8 & use manual ground balance.

Within an hour I think after I started using the manual ground balance, I found a loud beep reading around 8" & ID #s 80-85 (dime), with consistent high tone.

It was a clad dime down 7" in very hard dry soil. It was in a park detected 100s of times, at least, but probably had sat there 20-30 years.
The Ace 250 I had with stock coil deepest dime with correct ID was 4", so I've got that beat by 3" already, just using STD mode.

I'm dreading the learning of the Pro mode, but I might get used to it. I just wanted to get started without learning hardly anything. Best wishes, George (MN)

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
George (MN) said:
I've just been using my AT Pro in STD mode, coins program, iron completely rejected, sensitivity 7 out of 8 & use manual ground balance.

Within an hour I think after I started using the manual ground balance, I found a loud beep reading around 8" & ID #s 80-85 (dime), with consistent high tone.

It was a clad dime down 7" in very hard dry soil. It was in a park detected 100s of times, at least, but probably had sat there 20-30 years.
The Ace 250 I had with stock coil deepest dime with correct ID was 4", so I've got that beat by 3" already, just using STD mode.

I'm dreading the learning of the Pro mode, but I might get used to it. I just wanted to get started without learning hardly anything. Best wishes, George (MN)

George... Just DIVE into the Pro mode. It isn't that much different and once you do start learning, you'll wonder why you didn't do it before! You're accustomed to Garrett sounds, this is pretty much the same, except when you get a soft high tone, you know it's a deep target. You'll find youself swinging a little slower, listening for those good deep signals. (This is good...)

It's the start of a New Year, make it your resolution to learn Pro mode! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions