Hey Hoser! Need cart pics!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can do,John does great work,thats a 250+ lb winch it's hauling if memory serves me right-John

Attachments

• WinchCart.jpg
    WinchCart.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 148
OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
That's it john, thanks!
I will save it this time :-)
As I recall he built the winch too right? Nice work.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fine Cart for hauling dreams around on

Now that is some really nice work! As soon as I saw it my head went up and down as yes that is the answer as long as the width of the cart can be adjusted to meet the width needs of each trail, should be easy to do that.............63bkpkr

Did Hefty 1's father make that, cart and winch?

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
No Herb...
My father made the single wheel trail cart, as you know the trail is to narrow for that wide of a cart.
And my fathers winches were not totally enclosed as that one is.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hefty1,
I saw all of that excellent work and this nifty compact Winch and a bulb popped on in my brain and I thought Just Maybe it could have been your father's work. And yes the width of the pictured cart without the ability to adapt it to narrow trails would not fit on many tight trails that you and I travel. I do like the fact that it has brakes on likely each rim......Herb

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the nice words.
That yellow winch went to Hawaii to log exotics and I believe the cart too. Sold as did all the mining artifacts (equipment)...
All gone except one of my fathers winch that I rebuilt and a few other cherished items for good memories.
Money was re-invested in a highly lucrative new opportunity. Still like to poke around on here. - John

IMG_1866_zps7c4791dd.jpg

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hefty1, I bought one of the D.A.M. blue bowls about 10 years back. what does the D.A.M. stand for?? I assumed it was,something-something manufacturing but i didnt know! to bad companys gotta rip off your fathers idea to get ahead!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used them winches also,righteous power,fantastic quality as as all D.A.M industry products were-RIP -John

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Hefty1, I bought one of the D.A.M. blue bowls about 10 years back. what does the D.A.M. stand for?? I assumed it was,something-something manufacturing but i didnt know! to bad companys gotta rip off your fathers idea to get ahead!

LOL Now theres a story...but I will make it short.
My father moved out here from Milw, Wis. with his girlfriend...her name was Dorthy A. Malicky. (spelling ? )

OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
A true practical engineer & craftsman! As the son of one I know they are few & far between.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hefty, did not know that, I think we have one of your father's winches still sittin in the canyon.
Seen many of those and they can pull. Wondered who made them. Seen one it had three speed gear change, thought that was cool.
I come across my fathers winches every now and then he made upwards of 30 of them. We are all getting the heck out of Cal.

DSCF2281_zpsc69e2cc4.jpg

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hefty - I used the bowl and the D.A.M winch, was very pleased with both.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Hefty, did not know that, I think we have one of your father's winches still sittin in the canyon.
Seen many of those and they can pull. Wondered who made them. Seen one it had three speed gear change, thought that was cool.
I come across my fathers winches every now and then he made upwards of 30 of them. We are all getting the heck out of Cal.

View attachment 806126

Thanks GH
Yea that looks like one of his first ones, he almost always made the frames out of channel iron. Made multiple speeds for what the customer wanted. Mostly 2 speed. Slow speed...for pulling, fast speed...for wraping up cable on drum. That was a time saver, for sure.
Looks like that one is still running.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks GH
Yea that looks like one of his first ones, he almost always made the frames out of channel iron. Made multiple speeds for what the customer wanted. Mostly 2 speed. Slow speed...for pulling, fast speed...for wraping up cable on drum. That was a time saver, for sure.
Looks like that one is still running.

All it need is a motor packed in and it is ready to go to work, Hefty.
My father did put a gearbox on this one in the picture, he was always dead set on his specific final gear ratios needed when pulling Feather River Boulders (Plenty of'm). :tongue3:
It is not cool to come across something made by my pop over 40 years ago and it still being used, I miss it all. :headbang:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Thanks Fullpan and Vance in Ak.
Very Proud to see his work still being used at something he loved to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread