Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, 'hope all is well!

I lost internet connection for that last couple of months. My uncle's been over and I've been busy helping him with some renovations. He's a bit clumsy and took out the phone lines, haha. Oh man, and you know the cable jack that you screw into the back of your TV? The threaded end that you're supposed to unscrew before pulling the cord out? He yanked the darn thing out without unscrewing it first, not once, not twice, but THRICE. The first time, he thought it wasn't a screw-in (some aren't), so he just ripped it right out. "No uncle Jim, this one's a screw-in". The second time, he says he tripped over it while wearing these stilts to paint the ceiling. "Okay uncle Jim, you've gotta be more careful". The third time, I have absolutely no idea, I didn't even bother asking. Haha, he's that one crazy uncle that everyone has. The funny thing is that he does great work. He's like one of those typical comedy movie characters with the worst of luck but for who it all works out in the end. But I've learned a lot about drywalling and painting and other things and it's been a great time and it's all coming along nicely.

I did manage to get out for a dig the other day though! It was cold but I couldn't stay put any longer. I went back to the new house site with the rocky fieldstone dump around the forested edge. I took some pictures this time, saw a nice coyote on the way there. Here you can get a bit of a look at the foundations and the terrible amount of wire and scrap metal inside - although my first cellar hole was a big success, this one just doesn't have the same appeal to me, it looks like hell. Here is also some views of the massive rock piles I have to deal with. I will never be able to move some of these stones, some are far too massive, a yard long, but I do my best with the smaller ones. Anyway, on the way home I saw a nice bunch of deer!

So here's what I got the other day: a nice smokey kind of grey Crown pint with an older looking Owens scar. A monogrammed A.S. Hinds bottle from Portland, Maine. A Canadian Booster Hair Tonic and Dandruff Remedy from Windsor, Ontario (two of these, actually). A blown Dr. A. Fowler's extract. A big three-piece mould applied top beer, my second of this type, probably English and from just before turn of the century. A nice Perfect Seal square pint with a valve mark, I love this thing, I found one a couple years ago but cracked it to crap by warming it up too fast, lesson learned, and now I've got a replacement. This one has a bit of colour and looks like it wants to turn purple, but it was hidden under an immovable rock all those years and so it didn't get too much sunshine. It also has an interesting characteristic that I've never seen before, it's like a graphite kind of substance got impressed onto and into the glass. You can see in the bottom left of the photograph where it comes to a point, and how it goes up and over the lip. It is not scratching, it is in and on the glass. Very cool! Next we've got a great little blown vial with some great whittle, I love these little things. Then we've got a nice small town milk, a Maple Dairy pint from Woodstock with a phone number, I'll probably trade this one. Then a nice tiny Milk of Magnesia, I'll never get tired of finding these, still waiting for my first blown one though. And last we've got another Crown pint, not a bad little jar, matches the quart that I first found at this site.

So that's it! Once again I had some good luck with the variety of ages and colours. 'Nice to be back and see the treasures that you've all been finding lately, some truly beautiful stuff!

DSCF7416.jpg DSCF7315.JPG DSCF7317.JPG DSCF7423.JPG DSCF7426.JPG DSCF7325.JPG DSCF7560.JPG DSCF7651.JPG DSCF7659.JPG DSCF7656.JPG

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to have you back. Looks like some fun times digging out there.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions