hey whats the best to search?

mike1

May 21, 2013
north liberty indana
Detector(s) used
ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i bought 1 roll of dimes only found one silver it was brinks. i have been buying nickels and dimes now not in boxes just seperate is it better to buy the rolls singley or in boxes or does it just depend on your cash situation. i bought a box of pennies found 15 wheats. should i try and buy quarters or not waste my time on em. should i stick with dimes or nickels for silver what yeilds the most mind you im getting them from my bank not sure how hard my area is hit by crh's. im not sure how many nickel rolls i bought but i have 2 silver nicks. i cant buy halfs but then again i dont have the cash either cause you gotta buy a whole box befor they can order em picky picky. usually i just go into my bank i dont have a account there mind you but so far they haven't asked me any questions about it i just go in there cash my checks i do side work for a landlord. also i keep breaking my banks coin machine they asked me how i got all the coins i told them i do coin collecting wich is not a lie but i got the feeling he was not happy i broke it twice so far once with dimes and once with nicks. what about the coinstar machine i know they charge you but do they break down if you put like a box of dimes or nicks in?

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
mike I'm going to tell ya a story. when i was a boy I got the nick name 50 cent, there are all sorts of stories on the 'net, bout how 'fiddy cent' got his "monocker". well, actually, I got it from coin roll hunting, I started with half dollars and have remained with half dollars, and from the man who is named 50 cent, I'm telling you that you Can't go wrong with half dollars, mike.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best denomination to search is the one you have the most fun with.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I recommend the rolls with the silver coins, they are much more fun to search.

:tongue3:

But seriously, YOU have to figure out what works best for YOU.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The best ones to search are...shhhhhhhhhhh...hope no one else is listening...um, I uh, I forget...:tongue3:

If you've found a silver dime from only one roll searched, I believe you've found your answer.

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing to search is coins. There might be valuable ones in there.

OP
OP
M

mike1

May 21, 2013
north liberty indana
Detector(s) used
ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i did find a bingo chip in either a penny roll or a dime roll once dont remember but that just means that my bank i go to in town doesnt check the coins lol but thats ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions