Hey Yall Im new here

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Hey Y'all I'm new here

Hey y'all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking for a couple of months, but just joined today. I was borrowing a Bounty Hunter from my Boss' son, but actually got a Bounty Hunter Fast Tracer for my Birthday last Monday. I never found anything, but a nail with the borrowed detector, but today, I got out for a hunt with mine. Well, lets start at the beginning, I was with my son and I stopped to get a pack of smokes at the store. I went inside and he was gettting a soda from the machine. After I came out of the store I came around to the from where he was and walked in front of the gas window. Just out of the corner of my eye, I caught a piece of paper on the ground in front of the window. My son was trying to hurry me up, but I stalled and went back to the piece of paper. I picked it up and unfolded it. I knew it was money by the time I got it up to my chest. I just didn't know what denomination it was. I figued a five or a ten. It really didn't look like a one. I unfolded it, and it was a $100 bill. I could not believe it... My son looked at me and his eyes were like saucers. He said,"Mom, what are you going to do?" I told him that it was not a wallet, so there was really nothing I could do. Oh yea, my hunt was surrounded by little ones, but was a lot of fun. They think the whole thing is a great adventure. I only found a couple of pull tabs a two modern lincolns, but had a great time and made some friends in the time I was out. This is the oldes existing home in my town. Thank y'all and if anyone is near me I really need a partner.

Just to let you all know.. I do live in a very small town, and I really felt convicted that I should do something. I did call the store and talked to the girl at the gas pumps and ask her if anyone had come by or called to say they had lost anything. I gave her my number and let her know I had found something. I did not tell her what it was. Did I do the right th :hello:ing???

Attachments

• Image53.jpg
    Image53.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,448

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hey Y'all I'm new here

MZKITY62,

Hello, and welcome to TN and the exciting world of metal detecting. Be forewarned, it is addictive...

I like your avatar, the dancing ballerina tree..

IMO, On the hundred dollar bill you did the right thing in asking the store clerk, especially on not saying what you found. Let the person who lost the item described what it was, no matter what it is you find.

I read your post on Creole girl, and found this thread. I bet you were a heart breaker in your teens, your still a beautiful lady :icon_thumright:

Look forward to seeing your finds............

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Hey yourself.Glad to have you aboard.Lots of Al people on here.There's another 'Hey y'all' on here from north AL.She's blond also,but I know y'all can't help it.Hope you enjoy it here and join in on some of our hunts and get-to-gethers. ;D ;D ;D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Welcome aboard, Miz. Kity.

Yes, you did do the right thing with the $100 bill. It's yours to keep or spend!

Nobody's laughing at you hunting with a Bounty Hunter. There's been fabulous finds made with Bounty Hunters. Montana Jim uses one and he hunts circles around me and my DFX. Your success will come with learning your machine and perseverance not in the $$ you spent on it.

Have fun! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
MZKITY62

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward tp getting up with some fellow hunters to kind of teach me. I'm learning by myself, with some help from the boards. You give a wealth of information here. It's all about tones. I found that out yesterday. I could hear them. I am going to get pics of all my finds and keep them in a digital folder. I will post them all soon. :hello2:

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Ladies 2.jpg

Attachments

• Ladies 2.jpg
    Ladies 2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,364

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250

Hello and Welcome to T-Net :icon_sunny: You went above and beyond on the $100.00 dollar bill! God will bless you for your kindness, even if someone claims the bill! My first detecter I got was a Christmas present from my Dad after I got out of the service! It was a radio shack model, but that was all I needed to get bitten by the bug :icon_thumleft: 28 years later, I still can't get enough of it! Good Luck in all your hunts :headbang: You are in the company of many many wonderful people :coffee2: Paul

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:wav: Welcome to TNET :wav:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to T-net and "MUGS"!

Attachments

• welcome-animation.gif
    welcome-animation.gif
    196.9 KB · Views: 2,283

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello and welcome to TNet! :coffee2:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

welcome neighbor,

may you and your son ahve many great hunts together

lots of good places where your at

good to see new folks on here

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky

Welcome to TN. I'm new to the forum and treasure hunting as well. I grew up not too far from you in Covington County in a little town called Opp, Alabama. Home of the Rattlesnake Rodeo. Roll Tide!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WELCOME TO TREASURE-NET.

Fossis...............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to TNet. I thought you were still in your teens until Treasure Hunter cleared that up. (I'm kiddin) Y'all done the right thing by that hundred dollar bill, particularly since it's a small town. Maybe some tourist lost it. My great-grandfather was born in northern Alabama, but I ain't never been there. Be sure and post your finds for all of us to look at.

OP
OP
MZKITY62

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes. I love it here already. I looked at quite a few boards before I settled on TNet. I felt something here that no other boards had. The people here are genuine. There is not a lot of quabbling about if the finds are really "dug" or not. That is so stupid. I'm glad that everyone here is just happy for each other. I just hope that I can find something else beside modern pennies. I'm beginning to think that I suck at this. Oh well, I only found one nail with the one that I borrowed. At least I have found 4 pennies this time and then the eyeballed bill.....that was a boost!!!
Happy Hunting!

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer

Mmmmmm cute... wish I lived in Alabama.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread