Hi all! Allegany County, NY here.

Sara Jayne

Greenie
Jun 5, 2013
Allegany County, New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this will be choppy because I have so much to say in a short period of time. I have been interested in "treasure" since I was a little kid. (I'm 44 now) I think it first started with interest in dinosaurs and then Ancient Egypt and then onto Native American Indians. Anything that involves: what is that?, why did they do that?, is it real or fake?, is it man made or created by nature. Anything that presents itself to me as a mystery is interesting. I like to go out and cemetery stomp and take pictures of the stones and link them with our local history. I like to walk in the creeks and look for rocks and HOPEFULLY an artifact, although I don't think I've ever found a true artifact in my life. I have a metal detector, but I've never used it :( I do have a couple of things that I will post as some point because I don't know if they are artifacts or geofacts.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Monroe county. You near angelica, birdsall, cuba? (family used to have land near garwoods)

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello:Welcome from the Swamplands of Louisiana, Sara Jane.
Good luck in your hunting!

Roy

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

Sara Jayne

Greenie
Jun 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Monroe county. You near angelica, birdsall, cuba? (family used to have land near garwoods)

Yes I am rickv14623. I live in Andover, but we also have a house in Belmont on Windfall Road which is just over the hill from Angelica. And wow, I havent heard Garwoods mentioned in years around here!

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I am rickv14623. I live in Andover, but we also have a house in Belmont on Windfall Road which is just over the hill from Angelica. And wow, I havent heard Garwoods mentioned in years around here!

Small world! HH

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a fellow Allegany County person.......I am very new to this also but enjoy getting out. Only found old farm stuff and a few bottles around my property so far.
Much history here though and if one can get permission, it would be very good.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Sara Jayne, from upstate in the adirondacks. What type of detector do you have?

OP
OP
S

Sara Jayne

Greenie
Jun 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a fellow Allegany County person.......I am very new to this also but enjoy getting out. Only found old farm stuff and a few bottles around my property so far.
Much history here though and if one can get permission, it would be very good.

Where do you live doc-d? My treasure hunting is kind of limited to our farm for right now but I would love to get out a little more. I hear the Scio fields are great for arrowheads. I'd love to walk the Genesee for a while. There HAS to be something there!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mercury1: It's a poineerEX (bounty hunter). My sons and I each got one about 6 years ago for Christmas. Mine has never been out of the box.

Well better late than never. Have your sons been using theirs all along? Any good finds? I haven't found anything exciting yet. Need to try and think of some new places to try. hH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread