Hi Folks; Going in for major Spine surgery in the morning. ---

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be in the hospital for 4 - 6 weeks. 2 of the metal rods in my spine have snapped in halves. They are going to remove all te metal from my spine then fuse every vertebrae from T-12/S-1. Another words from between my shoulder blades all the way to my tail bone. Then they are going to insert new metal rods the ENTIRE length of my spine. They said I will definitely have some paralysis they won't know how much until after the surgery. There is also a 30% chance I could end up 100% paralyzed from my waist down. Me, I'm not worried. I know I have God on my side. I will Post gain after I recover and I'm home ok. Until ten May God Bless All of You & Yours. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will be in our thoughts.... Give us a shout when you're up to it. Good luck!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ouch dude

I hope it turns out well ( try intravenous fireball)

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and God Bless !

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be in the hospital for 4 - 6 weeks. 2 of the metal rods in my spine have snapped in halves. They are going to remove all te metal from my spine then fuse every vertebrae from T-12/S-1. Another words from between my shoulder blades all the way to my tail bone. Then they are going to insert new metal rods the ENTIRE length of my spine. They said I will definitely have some paralysis they won't know how much until after the surgery. There is also a 30% chance I could end up 100% paralyzed from my waist down. Me, I'm not worried. I know I have God on my side. I will Post gain after I recover and I'm home ok. Until ten May God Bless All of You & Yours. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

My prayers are with you.... My wife goes in on Feb. 4th for the same surgery. She's can't wait to rid herself of her constant paid in arms, hips, legs and feet. She's had 3 fusions already. 2 in her neck and one in the lower spine. They'll all be removed and her entire spine separated, bones ground, nerves un-pinched and then the spine fused with steel rods on both sides.

It's not for the faint hearted.... I complain about my aches and pains but when I look at this lady (wife) I DON'T HURT AT ALL....!

BARKER.... I truly wish ya the best buddy and a good recovery.... Your T-Net buddy... Brad

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope all goes well, and you heal quickly!

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and God bless

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron - I knew you were in a lot of pain, sorry to hear that it has come to this type of surgery. I will be praying for not only a successful surgery but also a quick recovery.

gatordog7

Sep 21, 2015
Hixson, TN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett Pinpointer, Lesche digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be thinking of you and your surgery. Just had injections in my lower facets today to buy some time before my second back surgery. Go speed bro, sucks to get older.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
definitly in my prayors.god speed on your recovery!!!really hope all goes well !!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God bless you Ron, our prayers are always with you!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all - I talked with Ron this afternoon and he came through the surgery as well as you can with the procedure that was performed. He will be in the hospital several weeks during his recovery and wanted everyone to know he can't wait for spring and to get back out with his detector. :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news! Thanks for the update. Tell him we are praying and cheering for him!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My prayers are with you Ron. You just made me forget all about my upcoming knee surgery Jan. 22. I wish you the best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread