HI Folks; In Reply To Cascas Thread About The Digger Below.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 weeks ago me and my digging partner saw a guy detecting at a local beach here and we saw that every time he got a signal he would dig a "LARGE" hole, recover his find and then walk away. We saw that there were literally about 40 holes like this all over the beach. The holes were about 1 1/2 Feet wide and about 1 Foot deep. So we went over to talk to him and tell him to fill his holes because he was creating a hazard for the people and he was giving us diggers a bad name. This guy stopped looked at us and then, as God is my witness, took a swing at me with his shovel and started swearing at us. Me and my partner stepped back and said we were calling the Police. He started yelling even more threatening to kill us and XYZ you know. So I promptly called the police. They showed up and we told them what was going on. When they approached this guy he started swearing at them.!!! This guy is psycho for sure. Needless to say they arrested him. They told me afterwards that the Court confiscated his detector, he is banned from the city beaches and he was ordered to pay a $500 Fine. Needless to say I'm a happy camper as we went back 3 days later and sure enough the same cops saw us and said hi,Good luck etc. From now on, if I catch someone doing it. I will talk to them then if no luck like that clown then I absolutely will call the Police. I tired of playing the nice guy only to get treated like that from ignorant morons like him.Anyways, that's my take on what to do with these vermin. I await your replies. PEACE:RONB 8-)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Good for you! & thank you.
On my mini-"vacation" to Savannah, I saw a guy detecting & leaving his holes unfilled. I didn't say anything. My head is hung.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you.And if the guy appeared psycho keep a look out for him when you are on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread