Hi from a mew member....

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
Hi! I just joined TNet yesterday, after being a lurker and learner for the past several months. I figured I would take a few moments to introduce myself....

My name is Marcie. I am a 37-year-old mother of two, living in central South Carolina. I guess you could say I have been a treasure hunter all my life. Many of the warm summer days of my youth were spent hunting arrowheads in the woods and fields around our home with my family. My uncle and Dad were avid collectors of Indian artifacts, and we kids enjoyed going along. I still love to take a day, or even just an hour when life is hectic, to search for those elusive spear points; although the finds are much fewer and further between these days.

I also enjoy metal detecting. I'm still learning, and amassing a huge collection of.... uh.... stuff. Found so far: lumps of UMM (Unidentified Melted Metal), coins, tokens, knives, old nails, tools, tin cans, toy cars, fence wire, railroad spikes, and lots and lots of pull tabs! Oh, and water lines - can't forget those. Not found so far: bling bling and valuable coins. Someday....

Some of my other hobbies and interests are genealogy research, reading, writing, spending time with the assorted family critters, playing cards and word games, hunting and fishing. Of course, I never have enough time for my hobbies with work, but I think that's a problem many of us bit by the treasure-hunting bug face!

Well, that's me. Hi!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 800
S

seger98

Well let me be the first to welcome you to Treasure Net & look forward to seeing you post your finds!

OP
OP
T

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
Check out the metal detecting forum. There's a few pics from my recent MD trip to a burnt down homeplace. Will post more when I find more. I am digging in my own yard today, between breaks for housework, yardwork, computer time and weekend birthday party planning. (Some might say I'm taking breaks from the work to detect, but I think it is really the other way around!) Hard-packed, very clay-laden, and VERY hard to dig in!

Todays finds so far.... a dime, a penny, small automotive wrench, pull tab, trash.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
tmdavis3,
welcome to the board.

"amassing a huge collection of.... uh.... stuff"
The proper terms are junque and crappe'! :wink: ;D

Hope we will be seeing lot of your finds.

have a good un....................
SHERMANVILLE

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet & The Mug shots TM

Nice Mug !

Jeff

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome pretty lady! Glad to have you here part of the family and looking forward to seeing what all you find when you actually have time!

Attachments

• welcome4.gif
    welcome4.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 764
  • welcome4.gif
    welcome4.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 770

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are now a member of the long line of lovely T-Net beauties. Welcome. Got some arrowhead and spear pics to show us? I've never found any but never really looked either. I have a spot all targeted in though, gonna go soon. Good luck with your treasure hunts!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to mug shots, ma'am. It's nice to see we share some of the same interests!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Marcie, welcome to TNet! :icon_sunny:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Marcie, great to have you here with us. You have quite a few interesting hobbies. Looking forward to seeing some of your Indian artifacts and other finds. Good luck and happy hunting.

:wink: RR

welcome53 (2).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (2).jpg
    welcome53 (2).jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 592
OP
OP
T

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
Re: Hi from a new member....

Aw, shucks, guys.... You all make me feel so welcome.

Did I mention I'm also a rock hound? As a teen, Mom and Dad took us gem mining in the Franklin, NC area, and I was hooked. I haven't had an opportunity to go in years, but I hope to get up there sometime this year.

I'll post more pics of my goodies in the days to come. Gotta pull out the camera, dig through my collections, and take a few shots.

Marcie

Attachments

• cut emeralds.jpg
    cut emeralds.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 592
  • nice garnet.jpg
    nice garnet.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 582
  • green stones.jpg
    green stones.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 577
  • uncut garnets.jpg
    uncut garnets.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 567
  • my rock box.jpg
    my rock box.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 562

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
love those collections and especially that garnet that is cut! :o Very nice! I can't wait to see what all else you have! Glad you are here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread