Hi from Florida!

Jlinnes

Mar 2, 2011
clearwater
Hi, I'm new to this but i've always been interested! I dont have the money for a detector so I'm "renting" a cheapo from my work friend for 10%of all the paperclips I find. I have tons of spots i've been looking into and just spent the first of many days enjoying my weekend instead of waiting for work. I've been reading the forums here and I can see this will be a true resource. I hope I can contribute as much as I learn. Any tips on where I should look for a good detector?

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the for sale detectors that come up here , look down through the forums and you will see quite a few good ones for sale .
Also there are some dealers here also .
Look up Woodland Detectors on here , the owners name is Mike . He has payment plans for buying a detector and you might be able to find one with him.

Good luck and keep hunting .

BlueDuck

Jun 26, 2009
Hayden, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Bounty Hunter
Welcome to the forum. Using someone elses detector seems like a good way to get your feet wet. Good luck hunting.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet Jlinnes. :icon_thumright:

Like suggested, browse the Marketplace for detectors. Ask your general detecting questions on the General Discussion Board, it will get a lot of views/answers.

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
Hey man...i am from Miami FL

I got mine off craigslist/Miami for $30...works good. Not the best but its soo much fun to use!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Jlinnes

4342564 (2).jpg

Attachments

• 4342564 (2).jpg
    4342564 (2).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 112

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNET!! what part of florida, there are a lot of local dealers for specific detectors here in FL. What kind of detecting you thinking of doing?? beach, relic,etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread