hi new to the hobby

N

newhunter83

hello out there in cyber land. never posted a bulletin or anything of the such, but i have become obsessed with my new toy, a metal detector!!! its a crappy one from radioshack but its so cool. i jsut wanted to holla at you all and ask if anyone knows of aynwhere in north jersey to find diggins!! exept the beach here in jersey you are libel to find a needle and get aids,lol!! just kidding kinda. but i like the woods wanna find old stuff any suggestion new york state as well!! t :)ankls all and holla

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet Newhunter.

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Welcome Newhunter83

First off try your own backyard. Next try some of the local parks and school playgrounds. Depending on where you live in North Jersey but since you like woods and stuff maybe up in Ramapo Reserve off route 202 in the Mahwah area. I know there are some old foundations in there but not sure if they allow detecting or not. If you plan on going there ask one of the rangers that patrol the place and they will tell you if it is allowed or not. Even if they tell you that you cannot detect there, it is a very nice place to visit and explore especially if you like woods and trails and stuff like that. Bring a fishing pole and bait and take up some fishing while you are there.

Hope this helps

Funkman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the great hobby of metal detecting and the forum. Start in your yard and when you find a clean area free of metal, lay some targets down and see how the detector works with a nail near a dime for example. Learn how to pinpoint and retreive a coin without leaving a mess or hole. Some of us use a small cloth to place the dirt plug on while we look for the goodie. Wear a pouch with two pockets, one for tresh and other for goodies. Never throw trash back on the ground as you don't wanna dig it up again do you? Save your money and check out the newer detectors that will increase your finds and tell you what's under the coil before you dig it.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread