Hi there

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I found this forum a few days ago and thought i better join .
I started detecting in late 2003 but didn't join any clubs till much later in 2006 .
In 2006 i started doing beaches too and found a few Gold rings and some coinage , on land i found all the finds that i have put on here already plus many other finds of lead (Musket balls) and buckles / buttons and other bits .
In 2010 i was getting fewer land finds and other issues forced me to start beaches big time and stop land for a while even though i stayed and am in the Weekend Wanderers . At the moment i dont do digs , just dont have the time or keep missing the right digs through work.
In 2010 i started beaches as i said and found quite a lot of coinage and 9 Gold items including the Sovereign in my other post with coins . Its a 1964 and was in a Gold chain and mount, i sold the chain because it was broken , should have fixed it .
I also sold all my rings i found up to 2013 but have kept all since , wish i kept all of them .
My totals kept increasing in coinage till 2014 then slowly dropped till this year when it dropped a lot on last year . I think its the cashless society and this years weather to blame , i had 4 Gold rings this year .
Next year i plan to do other beaches and a bit more land again . I want to find Hammered coins again and maybe my first Stater but i will do beaches from May till September as its busy and i like to make the hobby pay for itself which i think it has done .
Its about time too as i have had many detectors over the 13 years i have been in the hobby .
I started out with the Explorer XS and the Sovereign Elite the Red Heats and more Explorers and then the E.Trac , Goldmaxx Power , Fishers ,a Whites or 2 and an occasional Garrett / Teknetics / Jupiter / Nexus / and the XP Deus and tried the CTX but didn't stay with them .
I always went back to my older Minelab's in the end and thats what i am using now all the time.
In 2011 i started using the Terra 705 and over a few years found half of all the coinage i have had on the beaches , anyone want a good dry beach machine thats the way to go.
As soon as it comes out i will be getting the Equinox 800 and that will replace my Explorer 11 . My Explorer XS i have is a machine i bought over a year ago which is my main back up to my ET , its mint unused and i would like to keep, it that way .
I live on the South coast of England and i am a Bus driver and single .
Heres a picture of my biggest coin shoot on a beach , not the biggest total as that included notes but this is all coins over a few hours.
61) £157.99p AND GOLD RING FOUND 14-07-14 ET.JPG 69) £171.51p FOUND 13-07-13 XT..JPG 9K GOLD CHAIN AND SOVEREIGN ,DEUS.JPG
The second picture is my high score in cash total.
The third picture is of the Gold chain i sold that had the Sovereign .I was using the Deus that day but found it eyes only.
My biggest Gold ring was found in 2014 and is 39.3 grams of 9k with lot of stones in it . Not Diamonds unfortunately. I will take a picture of that later , it is in my other post i did yesterday , my Dentist thinks it could be early Georgian of the early 19th century .
Not sure when i will be out next , the weather is bad "cold and wet" and the beaches have all built up so not getting the old stuff like normal.

Richard

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Richard. I must say outstanding finds! Love the pics, thanks. Best of luck!

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m new on this site also. So welcome and I wish I had half the luck you have!! Great photos they make the postings even better. Take care.

Rudy

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum for North Carolina.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice finds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
N

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are a couple of pictures of my biggest Gold ring off the beach which i found in early 2014. And not there not :unhappysmiley:. I didn't even detect it , it was on the surface near the waterline . Workmen had recently repaired a concrete groin nearby and dug out the side of the groin to get deeper . Wish the weather would do the same from time to time.
View attachment 9k 39.3g Gold ring.jpg
IMG_0672.JPG

And 2 pictures of my first and only so far Gold coin off land , was 4 inches done in pasture field and sounded pretty crap but i had to dig .
View attachment Cantii tribe Gold Quarter Saster 40bc+-.jpg
IMG_0675.JPG

I found it at a Weekend Wanderers dig in 2009 on the Surrey Kent border , it is a Cantii tribe or Kent from around 40 bc and 1 of at the last time i looked 8 known of its type .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread