Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeY Sharpi!

Welcome to TNET

the ACE 250 ..In my opinion...IS the best starter machine...I used it for a few years and found alot of goodies...You will enjoy it for sure!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.Iam new at this also.I have an ace 250.Iam sure others will suggest something else.But i love mine.About a month ago i found a gold ring down about 11" so its made me happy.What ever you decide on enjoy.HH.

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F2, CZ70 Pro (Borrowed), Tesoro Cibola(Sold), Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been enjoying my Fisher F2, but the best thing to do is try them out if you can. Some people come to hate the tones of the Garrett's. Me personally, I didn't find them "that" annoying, but I also felt that it was a good bit heavier or maybe a little unbalanced as compared to my F2. I feel like I can swing mine all day long. Anywho, if you can try before you buy, I would absolutely suggest it.

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree with Diggin-N-Dumps. The Ace 250 is my starter machine and its amazing. I have dug tons of coins, 3 silver rings, a gold ring and lots and lots of really cool stuff like brass bells, bullets, jewelry, pendants....You will not go wrong with the Ace 250. Make sure you get a ProPointer to go along with it....Makes everything so much easier...

HH

Last edited:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m liking my ACE 250. For the price range it is one of the best.

I like the ideal of not having to remember the meaning of a bunch of numbers. You can tell by the tone what range (iron threw silver) the target is and it displays a icon on the display. It’s easy to notch out metal and has pre-program settings for coins and jewelry. You can even make your own program and have it saved when you turn off or on the detector.

Some people don’t like the Ace because it’s bright yellow and some do like the tones. Me, I can live with the color and the sound.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! The Garrett Ace 250 and Fisher F2 are great starter machines. They are priced right and easy to use. Give me a call if I can help you in your decision.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetctingstuff.com

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
Whatever MD you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!!! FISHER F2 !!!

Target ID's are ALL the rave!
Even on the REALLY expensive
detectors. Why mess around with a little
arrow and an annoying BONG tone!

F2 Hunter

Fortune&Glory

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2013
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt with the ace 250, I love it and would highly recomend it for the price . I have been hunting for about a year found plenty of coins with it, best finds to date with the 250 is a cival war button and silver religious medallion . The Garret Ace 250 is a great detector to jump into this hobby with .

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580