hi ya everyone!

magnumman44

Greenie
Aug 31, 2006
quinlan,texas
I just wanted to introduce myself to yall since I stumbled onto this site 2 weeks ago and been reading some stories and looking at the finds.About 3 weeks ago a friend of the family was moving into a new house they bought,and found 3 metal detectors in the shed there.well he didn't want them so he gave them to me and I wanna give it a go. they arent any thing fancy but they look 20 years old each at least.One is a Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter,and a buccaneer.So if anyone of yall have any info on these i'd sure appreciate it,they all seem to work after i put in batteries at least i hope so anyways lol, they did make noise.But really I just wanted to say hi ya! to each and all.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
:o :o :o Not bad, MM, Starting out w/ 3 Detectors!! I'm sure between the 3, one should work enough to let ya find something.

Let us know the Models, someone here will tell ya about em, I'm sure!

Welcome & Good Luck!!

JOE

OP
OP
M

magnumman44

Greenie
Aug 31, 2006
quinlan,texas
Thank you all kindly for the welcomes,as for the detectors the first one i am tinkering with is a Whites coinmaster precious meta locator. man! let me tall ya this thing takes a crap load of batteries! there are 2 battery packs in it for AA batteries so i put 8 in the big pack and substituted a 9 volt battery for the second,turned it on and got a LOUD BEEP!.I nearly fell outta my chair dang volume was all the way up!but it didnt beep any more even over metal ,so I looked inside and the speaker wire was loose,re-soldered it and tried it again.Now it beeps on metal,which is im sure what its supposed to do lol,now here comes the exciting part drum roll please,(ratatatatatatatat) I found 12! count em ! 12 pull tabs!!!! in about 20 minutes.I figure if i dont find any caches or the lost dutchman mine I can at least recycle these scrap aluminum tabs and maybe in say at least in a millenium or eon I can at least find enough to buy a better detector hehehehehe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome aboard, Magnum. At least you don't have to go detector shopping....It's all been done for you. ;)

Lotsa help on here with those detectors. All you need to do is post your questions in the Metal Detecting section, and I'm sure someone will help you out.

Good luck...congrats on the pulltabs. Gold rings and pulltags ring up the same, so you're well on your way to a gold ring! woo hoo! :D

musclecar

Oct 15, 2006
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Save them pulltabs,, and make one of these:)

Attachments

• uaward1.jpg
    uaward1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 609
  • uaward2.jpg
    uaward2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 612
  • uaward1.jpg
    uaward1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 610
  • uaward2.jpg
    uaward2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 606

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
magnumman44 said:
I just wanted to introduce myself to yall since I stumbled onto this site 2 weeks ago and been reading some stories and looking at the finds.About 3 weeks ago a friend of the family was moving into a new house they bought,and found 3 metal detectors in the shed there.well he didn't want them so he gave them to me and I wanna give it a go. they arent any thing fancy but they look 20 years old each at least.One is a Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter,and a buccaneer.So if anyone of yall have any info on these i'd sure appreciate it,they all seem to work after i put in batteries at least i hope so anyways lol, they did make noise.But really I just wanted to say hi ya! to each and all.
Welcome....the beep is the first sign of addiction, and there is no m/d anonymous...so welcome to the club...lots of help here

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another bump...magnumman has not posted since Sep 12, 2006 or logged in since Oct 2, 2006.

T

trish76642

River Rat said:
Another bump...magnumman has not posted since Sep 12, 2006 or logged in since Oct 2, 2006.
This would be a good way to say space on TNet, start deleting all the old post! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions