Hi yall, newbie here. Asking for your thoughts

Sir_Duck

Greenie
Jun 12, 2022
Im a newbie/green horn/rookie or whatever yall wanna call it from south east Louisiana.

Now ill be the first to admit, I dont know nearly as much as some of the members here. I've been reading up on this type of stuff for a few years now, and i find it informative, interesting, and exciting without a doubt, but there's one thing not mentioned often that can be a huge issue for anyone out in the field looking, and that's earthquakes, or even small tremors. (Or maybe it is mentioned often and I just havent noticed)

Either way, my thoughts on it are simple. If these vaults or mines are hidden and can only be traced back using signs made of rocks/boulders, shadows, and other things, then any type of earthquake can easily move these signs. Obviously.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that someone has ran across this situation, got all excited only to dig down and find nothing at all for this simple reason, all the while being less than a couple feet away from the vault or cache. One alignment boulder moving 2 or 3 ft can change things a lot. One or 2 rock cairns falling down can leave out another clue. One thing we can all agree on is that it doesn't matter if you miss by 3ft or 300ft, you still missed.

Maybe the sentinels are planting the triangles made of trees and Segura, shout out Sandy1, because this may have happened to a few of their sights, maybe one corner of the triangle marks where this particular sign used to sit. Idk, like I said, I'm a rookie and just throwing out ideas. Planting these trees would seem a lot easier than bringing a bulldozer to push a multi-ton rock back into its correct place and making sure facing the right way etc. Planting trees would also keep things quiet with less attention drawn to them.

I don't know enough about death traps to comment on them due to the severity of that subject, but maybe this caused the death trap signs to be moved or altered making them unnoticeable, so be extra careful.

I guess I'm asking for everyone's thoughts on this and if anyone with more knowledge and experience can either expand on it, or let us know if it's not something worth thinking about.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I love reading about these searches, but I’ve never seen a duck rock, a patch of pointer rocks, an eagle with an arrow, etc. But being in Iowa, I don’t expect to see them. It seems to be a wide open field for interpretation and research. Best of luck.🍀

OP
OP
Sir_Duck

Sir_Duck

Greenie
Jun 12, 2022
I love reading about these searches, but I’ve never seen a duck rock, a patch of pointer rocks, an eagle with an arrow, etc. But being in Iowa, I don’t expect to see them. It seems to be a wide open field for interpretation and research. Best of luck.🍀
I haven't seen any myself either. In south Louisiana, if anyone tries to dig a vault 30ft deep then the hole will fill with water pretty quickly. I've seen pictures of these signs, but that's about it.

OP
OP
Sir_Duck

Sir_Duck

Greenie
Jun 12, 2022
Might have to make a deal with someone where they bring me to see these signs and in return I'll bring them to spots where the pirate Jean Lafitte and other lesser known pirates used to hang out and bury caches haha

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I haven't seen any myself either. In south Louisiana, if anyone tries to dig a vault 30ft deep then the hole will fill with water pretty quickly. I've seen pictures of these signs, but that's about it.
Me too!

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread