Hi

Chippie

May 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Hello. I’m hoping someone may be able to tell me what this rock is I found. The bigger rock is as I found it. The smaller pieces were lying around, scattered here and there. I picked up what I could. I sanded one of the smaller pieces with the finest paper. It’s shiny in the light. Ok. Thank you. A577B8B6-7545-4630-ACC7-C9BE394778CF.jpeg C62FB8B3-9D75-431B-8BA9-6E9596395B6D.jpeg

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first picture is too blurry on zoom to note much about it, the second one has some clearer focus on the lower right stone. From that it appears to be a mix of clear and citrine quartz with what maybe amethyst mixed in as well. I can see two crystals on that lower right stone on the second picture. My thoughts.

Upvote 0

stdenis_jd

May 7, 2015
West Lower Peninsula, MI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeah, photos that are in better focus and taken in natural light (outdoors) would be helpful.

Just by these pics they could be a copper complex (crysocolla, azurite, cuprite, etc.) in matrix or fluorite. Need better pics to be certain though :)

Upvote 0

Moesia

Oct 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Your pictures are bad.
First picture looks like copper ore. Second resembles garnet, so that leaves you with a skarn rock.
That being said the first one does not have to be copper and the second one does not have to be garnet so the rock is then something other than skarn in that case probably. Get better pictures.
You can pour some acid on the green part of the rock in the first picture and see if it fizzles. With the second rock you can take the red shiny part and try to scratch a piece of quartz with it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread