Hi

toolman

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2007
Just bought a Excalibur ll, I hope to be using it very soon in Florida going to be staying in. New smyrna beach for the month of January. Can anyone give me any idea where to go in that area. I have been reading the postings on this site which are really terrific. Trying to figure out how to mount controls around my neck seeing a picture that guzz1 had posted in November 26th would like to know what he used to the attach the controls to like to hear any ideas that anyone might have

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome.jpg
It's great to have you with us! Keep posting!

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 228

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:D FIRST OFF WELCOME ABOARD . I tell ya , The only way for me was to straight shaft the excal. Go to Florida straightshaft .com and you can check it out ,and you mount the controller above the elbow . It will almost 0 the weight to Even balance . You can swing the coil all day without a problem. Stock setup I was good for an hour and had to quit , and your gonna love the Excal. Good luck. Guzz1

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. The eastcoasters will chime in for you on that one. I hunt the west coast.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN.....

I hunt the East coast, usually Daytona and north. I personally didn't care for the New Smyrna area as they did so much resanding there after the last storms.

I have the Fla straight shaft, and I still neck mount mine, it is just my personal preference is all. I use to keep it on the shaft, tried the waist mount and found I prefer the neck mount. I am looking at a chest harness the fishers use and will probably pick one of those up, but again it is just my preference, not saying it is better or worse then on the shaft.

Let me know when your in the area and maybe we can hook up for a hunt or two......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions