Hidden gold

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Growing up around Taneyville missouri,i hunted,trapped and fished all the time,
but i'll never forget something an old timer told me and my uncle one time.
We were going fishing up a small creek called brushy creek,where it dumps into Beaver creek.
we drove to an area and had to walk across a field to get to the creek.
where we parked there was an old log cabin,and there was an old man sitting on the porch of the cabin.
He asked us what we were doing,and we told him we were wading up brushy to catch some smallmouth and goggleeye.
he said he would sure be pleased to have a couple for supper,and we told him we would drop a few back by.But as we turned to leave,he told us he could see more gold from where he was sitting,than anyone could spend in a lifetime.
Now the old man i guessed was in his eighties,and said he had lived in the cabin his whole life.
I was eight at the time. my uncle asked me one time if i remembered that,and i said yes,it's a story i will never forget.

Have to go back there and look around sometime,with metal detector.
That was 35 years ago!
Anyway good luck everyone on your quests!

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
Yup, Probably right Warsaw! Same thing I was thinkin'.............Interesting story though Lab Bob!! Nascarfan

JoeandApril

Oct 9, 2008
I was just perusing the forums, and came across your post. It is so odd to hear this story again. My husband's family live in the area. I too have heard the story and know where you are talking about. My husband's grandpa until recently passing away lived at the start of that road.
I will have to double check with my hubby on the story. I know that he (the old man) would talk about how he could see the gold shine from where he sat. Too weird to hear this, as I had forgotten about it. We have thought alot recently about hitting the area, as there are a lot of OLD homesteads in the area.

Just thought I would join in that I had heard the story.
April

K

Kentucky Kache

I thought of natures beauty too, but then, you never know...might be worth checking out.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in the Forsyth area and we still have the family farm in Bradleyville, on Beaver creek. My cousins whom live in Bradleyvelle had also told this story to me ...and also told me the mans name...but I cant remember. I will check with them and post the name for any whom might be interested...Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to my cousins in Bradleyville....The Combs brother's, they said that the old timer who told this story lived at the mouth of Brushy creek and his name was "Bressie" spelling unsure....Steve

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
I heard from a old man named Orville stamper that on his place there was a small grove of hazel brush and in the middle of it was a cave going down at a angle,and at the mouth of the cave a civil war rifle was found like mayby someone went in and never come out.It is nothing to do with your story but this was near Ava Mo. The cave was on the left of lane going into his place,he showed me where it was by pointing,and it was from the house on the right going out just almost at the top of a grade.

250hondacr

Jul 17, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever get to the bottom of any of this?

colddna

Jan 5, 2016
waynesville, mo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i dont know but i started looking at some topo maps and i came across bushy creek and i am going to prospect it soon even if it is cold i dont care ill let you know if i find anything

ErGarber

Feb 17, 2016
Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post but anyone go look for it yet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread