High expectations

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well I went out this morning with high expectations. I just knew I was going to find something good today. Alas... it was not to be. In the water NOTHING. Not one hit. Unless.... you count bottle caps, pull tabs and junk - THEN I made a killing!

Junk0527081.jpg

I found some toys left on the beach.

Junk0527082.jpg

And before you ask.... no they didn't make a sound. ::)

All was not a total loss. I did find some jewelry. Diamonds? Gold? Silver? NO Doggone it NO!

A plastic something on a small chain and a kids tin ring with no plastic stone. **sigh**

Junk052708.jpg

Ring0527081.jpg

Ring0527082.jpg

Still it was not a total loss. I did get a small amount of clad and I met two nice MD'ers, a mother and her son. It was a beautiful day and I got out.

Junknmoney052708.jpg

What more can I ask? ;D

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:D Are you going to makes some holes in that purple shovel (toy) and use it as a sand scoop? ;D

I just know that kinda day all to well. :(

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Same here, The water was flat and clear this morning. It was an absolutely beautiful day. Worked the water for 4.5hrs. No goodies except for $2.03 in clad.

OH Well, tomorrow is another day.

Hang in there kiddo.

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
hey Mumszie.... You beat me! People in northern Mississippi didn't leave me any presents on the local lake beach. $.12 in clad, a rubber lizard, junk ear ring, 2 swim suits (how did they change on the beach???), many pull tabs and a bunch of bottle caps. Soda bottles and cans everywhere. Amazes me that they can be such slobs and trash a beautiful swim beach with trash cans everywhere. I contacted the park office to see if they will let me take my ATV on the beach to pick up the trash. Way too much to carry. Waiting to hear from them. Anyway, enough rant! You got some good exersize, lots of fresh air and another adventure. Love your posts and look forward to the next one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yes it really amazes me that people want to GO to a lovely clean beach area to swim and play but when they leave they leave, they leave a mess. What slobs some people are. All they have to do is pick up their own mess and put it in a garbage can. There are plenty of them around. It is easy to do but.... Nooooo they have leave it on the beach or in the water.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like a pretty decent day in variety at least! So glad you got to go out and enjoy yourself for awhile. Hopefully next time you will find a bunch of bling to make you smile even more! :icon_sunny:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you done good, nice finds as far as I can see. Congrats and I bet your heart started thumpin when the rings came to light.

I hate the trashies too. How can someone carry a six pack of beer down to their place in the sand and then bury the darn things 12 inches down? sheeesh, they're already lighter than when they brought em, and they just sling those plastic water bottle any old place, dirty diapers, candy wrappers, you name it, they leave it there, right in front of God and everybody, a man could get a hernia packin out there garbage.. Do they live like that at home?

Sorry about the rant, but thieves and Earth trashers pixxx me off bigtime. :icon_sunny:

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
davest said:
I hate the trashies too. How can someone carry a six pack of beer down to their place in the sand and then bury the darn things 12 inches down? sheeesh, they're already lighter than when they brought em, and they just sling those plastic water bottle any old place, dirty diapers, candy wrappers, you name it, they leave it there, right in front of God and everybody, a man could get a hernia packin out there garbage.. Do they live like that at home?

Sorry about the rant, but thieves and Earth trashers pixxx me off bigtime. :icon_sunny:

Amen Bro!

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Mumszie,

I'm feeling your pain!! Wow :o some of those beercaps look brand new!! Were they throwing them in your swing path?? I am starting to be real happy with just clad. If I ever find gold or silver it will be the loudest "Woo!!!!! Hoo!!! in Florida.

Cindy

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Mumzies welcome to beach hunting .. I picked up a busted beer bottle that some IDIOT left for some little Boy or girl to open his foot wide open if he or she had stepped on it . Boy that P!$$E$$ Me off to end .

954hunter

Dec 10, 2007
Ft. Laud. Fl
Detector(s) used
Excal. II
***"I did get a small amount of clad and I met two nice MD'ers, a mother and her son. It was a beautiful day and I got out."*** And that there made the day worth doing all over again.
Better luck to you on your next one.
GL/HH

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
Yeah It really makes me sad to see that Americans have degraded this far - It's not America the
Beautiful any more It's America the trash can - Thank you Mumszie for picking up that trash and I
know good Karma will come your way - you will find something good tomorrow - Cavedweller

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread