High Ranking Nazi?

ConnerBates123

Aug 4, 2015
AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Other
I purchased a World War II Nazi part of a cockade for what appears to be a high ranking Nazi official from a collector who was getting rid of his life long collection of German memorabilia. The swastika is set into red cloth, not enamel. Anyone have any idea who may have worn this? 20160129_133804.jpg 20160129_133809.jpg

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have is a "Political leaders" cockade, it would have come from the cap of a party official, which could mean anyone from the dog catcher in a small Bavarian hamlet, all the way to Hitler himself..... Basically anyone with a bit of rank in the NASDAP (Nazi Party). The red felt is not uncommon it those cockades, but yours looks to be in extremely good condition, Can you post a pic of the back side? Is the rest of the badge there as well? The complete cap badge would include either a silver or gold wreath, and a matching eagle like this one:
political visor.jpg

Unfortunately if there is no written history along with it, there is absolutely no way to know who's cap it came from. But, being a nice example it has some value, I haven't kept up with the values in a while, but I saw an example in worse shape than yours with an asking price of $75... Seems a bit high to me, but it wouldn't be surprising.... There are a lot of high quality repros out there, so you need to be cautious. A pic of the back will help me determine if it's authentic but I think it is.

Any other Third Reich items that you need info or authentication on be sure to let me know....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread