xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Silver Bandit and I went to find an area near a river that had recently burned. Our idea was that the lack of vegetation could allow us to find some coins. Well we got down to the river and the bandit was already in action (and we weren't even at the spot we wanted to hunt!) finding Wheaties, then a Rosie then a Merc. See a pattern? I went over to the area that he was and we decided we'd hit this area for awhile. Just a post or two ago I was crying about barber dimes taking me so long to find... Well I found two in about 5 minutes! I went on to find a silver rosie and merc. The area was loaded with coins and a good amount of them were old! What a spot the area was disgusting to say the least! The area was chock full of hypodermics and other trash. Then I went down by the water and got a decent signal. I dug down and dislodged an old looking bottle searching for the signal. It turned out to be little and shiny and when I brushed the crud off the reverse details indicated that it was an oldie. It was practically glowing in contrast to the muck on it. I didn't let myself get too excited but I was thinking it just might be gold! I brushed it a little more and it was revealed to be a nice shiny IHP. It must have been the make up of the water and mud that gave it this look. The water is probably toxic so it's not a surprise. The bottle looks to be an older soda but I doubt it dates to the 1800's. It reads Neapolitan wine and importing co. Boston 37-43 Ferry st. (which doesn't seem to exist as a street anymore on google maps) I can't find any info on the bottle. Next I found what I believe to be an early issue Barclay toy soldier due to the stance which can indicate that. Most likely a marine soldier from the 30's. He's pretty beat up but I am stoked as I always wanted to find one of these. My total was 2 barbers, a merc and a rosie. We were poured on by the rain. The burn area turned out to be totally useless and full over endless amounts of trash. We decided to call it a day. My previous record was 3 silvers in a day. The silver bandit went on to find 10 silvers his personal record. Pretty amazing to pull 14 silvers out of one small area like that.

I couldn't just sit back and bask in the glory of 4 silvers. I had to push the limits. I went out into the wilds to meet a couple buddies and do a farm field. We are talking probably 100+ acres of land. It was vast and overwhelming. I found a merc within the first five minutes and then swung for hrs finding nothing but a piece of sterling silverware. I rarely have days that are this awesome so I was super happy with my finds.

Rain, shine, silvers and an IHP I really like... just a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_6817.JPG
    IMG_6817.JPG
    967.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6818.JPG
    IMG_6818.JPG
    966.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6820.JPG
    IMG_6820.JPG
    934.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6821.JPG
    IMG_6821.JPG
    586 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6822.JPG
    IMG_6822.JPG
    649.6 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 12

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very!!!!!! Nice!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread