All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4x6DD coil is good for high trash area's like between roads and sidewalk area's of course with any smaller coil your losing depth, swinging slower helps when the trash isn't too bad but your still going slow and covering less ground. How deep are your old coin finds in the area's you detect and the 5.3 would get you more depth over the 4x6DD and the DD coils do better if your ground is mineralized. HH

OP
OP
cashole

cashole

Mar 26, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4x6DD coil is good for high trash area's like between roads and sidewalk area's of course with any smaller coil your losing depth, swinging slower helps when the trash isn't too bad but your still going slow and covering less ground. How deep are your old coin finds in the area's you detect and the 5.3 would get you more depth over the 4x6DD and the DD coils do better if your ground is mineralized. HH

The soil is red an very mineralized both naturally an man made fertilizers an such the silver coins seem to vary between 3-8 inches depending on soil compaction/density

msviking

Feb 13, 2013
Flowood, Mississippi & Orange Beach, AL
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Minelab CTX3030
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on what you have said about your soil, I would go with the 4x6 Shooter. It takes some getting used to as it is small, but once you get used to it you will love it. I have an area where an old small school house was torn down, with the 10"DD I can not hunt it, just too much trash. The 4x6 really opened up the site for me. As said, just take your time and swing slow and work small areas, you will be rewarded!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do alot of relic hunting,parks,some places near power lines & was using the 10dd stock coil on my v3i, I wanted better in the trashy áreas after looking & doin endless hours of research I chose the sef line of coils they are far better in depth,EMI,separation in trash. I highly suggest them I went with the 8x6 for precisión ,10x12 for everyday use & 12x15 for real depth & feild use

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the vx3 with the d2 and 6x10 dd coils. I get good depth and target separation with the 6x10. I would go with the 4x6 by what you are telling me. GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
cashole

cashole

Mar 26, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much everyone for your input its nice to get opinions from real people who put theses coils to the test an get real results I've decided the 4x6 is just the tool I need to get the job done
Craig

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Based on my experience with the MXT I'd say pretty trashy - 5.3 Eclipse. Really heavy trash the 4X6 which is nearly surgical. Grid a small, managable area and hunt slowly and methodically and you'll be surprised what will come up out of the trash.
luvsdux

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good decision for really trashy areas. On my DFX, my favorite coil was the 6X8 SEL and my friend who is a long time V3i user rarely takes that coil off. It will give you good performance and separation. I do however agree with others that in high trash, the 4X6 is hard to beat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread