T

TxGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Proline 2.5" combo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its an old keene, 1" at the crashbox.......8" wide I think......I was told output should be smaller than intake.....not equal....for better flow......the flow is ok, but not good enough to wash material like I want

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those small 1" pumps don't run traditional riffled sluices very well. They will run a 11" wide drop riffle sluice well. You might have similar good luck just using 1/2" raised expanded metal over matting.

There just isn't enough water to push larger material over the riffles. I learned this the hard way when I was getting my dad setup with a highbanker. Tried to run a 10" BuckaBilly riffled sluice with a hopper using the 1" Harbor Freight. Wouldn't work without a ridiculous drop. I was lucky enough to have the drop riffle laying around and ended up making a hopper for that.

In the end it worked out great... all he had to do was tilt the banker forward into the mason tub and the clean out was done. Catches gold well too. He was insisting on using the 1" pump because it was smaller and easier to carry around.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not only is that pump restricted by the hose size the impeller will only pump so much water and with so much velocity. I'd suggest to look to the future and invest in a larger pump, keep an eye out for a larger highbanker and think about using a suction nozzle setup to really aid you in recovery of those flakes that are tucked away in the bedrock. I'm assuming you are removing material from the waterway with manual tools and where you mine has no restrictions using a nozzle.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
its an old keene, 1" at the crashbox.......8" wide I think......I was told output should be smaller than intake.....not equal....for better flow......the flow is ok, but not good enough to wash material like I want

Smaller output in a pressure pump aka dredge pump. Same size inlet and outlet on a trash pump which is what you have. Not all dredge pumps drop in output size I have some old gold king pumps that are the same. You can look for a cheapo 2" trash pump and that will give you more than enough. My highbanker uses one mounted to a 2.5hp Honda clone got more than enough water to run a 10" x 9ft sluice.

OP
OP
T

TxGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2015
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Proline 2.5" combo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for replies. I have the highbanker plus a 4' extension with various gold hog mats. I need more output...lol....I looked up the motor and the gpm is too low....I need about 50-60 gpm, I am getting 35...….I may add a bilge pump hooked to a battery to the box to get the additional flow......the spray box is great.....only need the flow....I am preparing this lil keene for a recirc in Az...….I have a 2.5" highbanker, and a dredge for eastern waterways......thanks for the help!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's 8" wide and you have the gold hog mats, then 1100gph bilge pumps are what gold hog runs as a minimum on the multisluice. I run a 2200gph Johnson bilge pump on my Gold Fox trommel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread