Highbanking with a Gold Detector ?

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rhartman911,
It has been my personal experience to have used my White's GMT along the banks of a Northern California mother lode river in combination with a Keene A51 sluice box. I was removing buckets of sample material from the downriver side of a "large boulder" where swinging the detector was not easy to do, lots of other boulders. I would move the bucket to a more open hunk of beach that I knew did not have any detector signals and dump the bucket on that spot, detect it and if no Zip Zip from the machine I'd go get another bucket and test again. I would test till the GMT told me there was gold and would then run the positive tested material through the sluice box. I always found gold from the positive test buckets of sample while I found NO gold in the negative test samples. This sampling technique saved a lot of time as I did not have to run the negative test materials through the sluice box. This method would work the same way for a highbanker. I mean, why put effort into dirt that does not have gold in it?!

Also, I've found some very small pieces of gold using my GMT with the 4 x 6 DD shooter coil on it.
I hope this helps...............63bkpkr

191_9175.JPG Picture of small gold and lead bird shot found with GMT and 4 x 6 DD coil

OP
OP
R

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you 63bkpkr That is what I was thinking try and save some time thank you for your input

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
I only have a small Garrett 250 and dont rely on it to find the size of gold we got here. However I do use it to help find the potholes in streams with shallow bedrock. I run in all metal and any metal signal i dig there. It has worked with good results for me. The heavy nails and lead balls that are in all of our creeks find there way into those holes along with the gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread