HIllsdale Mi

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Hi, I am about 20 miles north of you. Have detected the fairgrounds in Hillsdale at least a few times a year over the last 4-5 years. Still plenty out there to be found. You have a great area to detect. Get into some of those old yards and you'll be set. I don't know if I will be detecting this year due to a business venture I have going on but if it slows down or I close up then I'll get ahold of ya and we could hit the fairgrounds. Jim

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Back in the late 60's I lived most of one summer at Coldwater, just west of you a bit. We built the first three bridges
from the state line on I69 there when I was working for a construction co. whose main office was here in Port Huron. I
transferred to Coldwater long enough to get the bridges done then came back here again.

I wasn't doing any metal detecting then, but thinking back on it there were a few places i saw that would be some good
hunting. We rented a little cabin on a channel off Coldwater Lake. I betcha there would be a lot of artifacts along
those natural channels. Just thinking about it now makes me wish that I would have had a detector. LOL

Ray

General_Disarray

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2010
Jerome, MI
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I don't know if you still check this post Matt, but I live in Jerome and would love to have a "pro" to go hunt with. I may not be very good at it and I may not have the best detector in the world (White's DFX) but I do have alot of fun checking the ground for old stuff. ---Rob---

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread