May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt it all the time. The beaches are vast with a lot of private beaches without access. Coligny is pounded which is the big public beach. I got there at 6am on Saturday and a guy already had the main area gridded. I seem to have my best luck in between beaches. No one seems to hunt those areas. No issues and good luck. I hope to see you there. I go often as I have a place there.

OP
OP
Sharecropper

Sharecropper

Feb 27, 2009
I hunt it all the time. The beaches are vast with a lot of private beaches without access. Coligny is pounded which is the big public beach. I got there at 6am on Saturday and a guy already had the main area gridded. I seem to have my best luck in between beaches. No one seems to hunt those areas. No issues and good luck. I hope to see you there. I go often as I have a place there.

Thanks for the reply Jim. We will be staying at the Marriott. Will be using my CTX3030. Do you know if Marriott allows hunting close up in the loose sand?

GeorgiaSwinger

May 28, 2010
Georgia coast
Detector(s) used
minelab Sov. GT, minelab Excal II, Fisher CZ21, minelab Go Find 60.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HH beaches are real clean as far as trash goes, expect to go up to 30 minutes or more at a time without so much as a peep from your detector !! good luck !! :dontknow:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nothing pertinent to add to your thread, except for my saying I love your avatar!:laughing7:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Marriott should be fine. I am not aware of any issues.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Sharecropper- Get an Early start- because JimDon usually has Ring's that he Finds every month at the Club Meeting. He's got the E-trac down pat. I might catch up with him some day at Hilton Head, I believe him and 3 South Carolina Club members are headed to Hiton Head soon and they all are Great with the E-Trac. I've only have about 80 hours on mine,- goldnugget- I may have an E-Trac Spot later this month to do another Test Drive

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got four rings this week in about 8 hours of hunting but no good ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread